276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Altra Men's Lone Peak 6 Sneaker

£93.72£187.44Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Altra Lone Peak is a classic and this one does more to stay the same than it does to make big changes. That said, we already know Altra has several trail models that DO incorporate more tech, such as the Timp redesign (new upper), the Mont Blanc (new shoe and new upper material for Altra) and the Mont Blanc with a dual Boa system, and the Outroad, which looks to have considerably less tech, but a new-ish approach for the brand.

Brycen: "I didn't feel much energy return during my training runs. The shoe wasn't very springy, but I enjoyed the ride for daily running."

The upper on the Lone Peak 6 has a tightly woven airmesh base panel underneath a combination of laminated and stitched overlays for structure and protection.

The tongue on the Lone Peak 6 is fully gusseted, and does a great job of keeping dirt, dust, and debris out of the shoe. The lacing eyelets lay flat on the top of my foot, and have not created any hot spots or pressure points on hikes or runs. Brycen: "The Lone Peak 6 has a perfect level of flexibility for trail running. Whether hiking or running, the Lone Peak will adapt and move with my foot, always providing an ultra-smooth ride." ALEX: The Altra Lone Peak 6 may be my favorite Lone Peak yet. This iconic shoe just keeps getting better. The primary update from the previous version is in the form of changes to the forefoot upper and lacing system, with slight modifications to the overlays, including toe protection. They didn’t mess with the sole (or soul), and I am super pumped about that. Canice: I have run in every version of the Lone Peak since the LP 1.5 and the shoe really has come a long way over time. I found the midfoot hold of the LP 6 to be much better than previous versions and the upper itself is much more advanced in construction techniques. I enjoyed the tight knit of the upper fabric. It’s breathable but keeps debris out,” says one reviewer.Matt: "First things first, runners should know that this shoe offers Altra's original, wide-shaped toe box. I usually wear an 11, but a 10.5 in this shoe was more than comfortable for me. The upper offered a comfortable wrap around my foot while still providing enough room for my toes to move and adjust while on the trail."

For neutral runners who want a go-to zero drop shoe, it’s a brilliant, reliable option for anything from shorter, speed workouts on the trail to full-on marathon-length runs. Who should NOT buy them If someone told us they wanted a classic trail running shoe, we would hand them a pair of Altra Lone Peaks. There’s also a great gusseted tongue which helps keep out debris and make the inner feel snug. I’m always a fan of this. Dom: Altra makes great running shoes, but they are generally better training shoes than race shoes. Altra never seem to have paid much attention to weight, and their generously sized toe box has traded off foot retention for comfort and toe splay. Altra’s sponsored athletes must look enviously at competing brands that provide more cushion at lighter weight, and shoes that are designed for racing. Consequently, I was delighted and impressed that Altra finally put the Lone Peak on a long-overdue diet.Dom: The heel, in particular, feels sized for Clydesdale runners. I would love this shoe if Altra reduced the heel diameter. Aside from feeling somewhat roomy, the Lone Peak 6 felt comfortable and precise with little break-in. I would classify the height of the heel collar as average, and despite the low-rising, flexible heel counter and the minimal cushion lining the upper, it still provided a good level of heel hold. The vamp over the midfoot felt just a touch below average in height, which for my high instep often causes numbness, but to my surprise, I had no issues with it, even after running up to two hours. Just a few short hikes in the Lone Peak’s so far, but I am really liking them, and have relegated by almost-new Peregrine’s to the donation pile. It took a few days to feel secure in the LP6’s, with all that room midfoot and around my toes, but now I trust them. Brilliant in the wet, too. They dry super-fast. Thanks for the excellent review! Reply If you have to run through a puddle or even a stream, drain ports on the toe box and the medial sides of the shoes help shed excess water.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment