276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rémy Martin VSOP, Cognac Fine Champagne, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Limited prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it to be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging and label prior to use. Simply pour 30ml Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal, 20ml Cointreau, and 10ml lemon juice into a shaker filled with ice.

You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. This original VSOP blend is the reference of the house of Rémy Martin - the pure, authentic essence of Cognac Fine Champagne. First of all had our socks knocked off by the initial booziness (I am a whisky drinker, but this was another level) the champagne taste came after and was slightly bitter. On the palate, the velvet smooth texture, with its lingering finish and sheer opulence, is uniquely and unmistakably Rémy Martin Cognac Fine Champagne. A Cognac that celebrates the Louis XV's decision to grant a young Rémy Martin the right to plant new vines on his land (banned in France at the time) with the Accord Royal in 1738.He found the brandy to be smooth and fruity with a hint of oak made even nicer when warmed and drunk after a nice evening meal. I could taste that this was great quality suff, but far too strong and burning for me, should have stuck with my usual Courvoisier.

Discover the fiery mahogany colour, heady touches of jasmine and iris in harmony with ripe notes of late summer figs and candied plum, all complemented by hints of cinnamon and dried autumn fruits.

Just leaving one star spare as it's not quite at the same heights as my favourite (Hine Rare VSOP), which is only a smidgen more expensive. On the nose: a perfect harmony of powerful and elegant aromas with dominant notes of vanilla followed by ripe apricot, baked apple and a fine floral bouquet. Best enjoyed neat, on ice, or stirred down with a brown sugar cube and a dash on Angostura bitters for a brandy twist an Old Fashioned cocktail. This unique blend commemorates the reward of excellence bestowed on Rémy Martin by King Louis XV of France, in 1738. It's said that the Cognac was enjoyed at the King's court at the time, with Rémy having planted his first vineyard in 1724.

The wide spectrum of aromas of late summer fruit is combined with floral notes of white flowers such as jasmine with mature flavors of juicy plums and candied oranges and a hint of hazelnuts and cinnamon.On the palate: a rounded, well-balanced cognac with multiple layers of ripe fruit and subtle notes of liquorice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment