276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell SB521A Ultra Thin Soundbar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

P2222H, P2422H, P2422HE, P2423D, P2423DE, P2722H, P2722HE, P2723D, P2723DE, P2723QE, P3221D, P3222QE, P3223DE, P3421W, U2421E, U2422H, U2422HE, U2722D, U2722DE, U2723QE, U3023E, U3223QE.

The Dell U2722DE and the slim soundbar is a surprisingly decent pairing for productivity work and I have no qualms recommending it that way, though the sound fidelity might not satisfy some. The monitor by itself is excellent with good color coverage though having freesync and/or HDR support would make it a better all-rounder for people looking at both sides of the spectrum. Another oddly missing feature is HDR support, which shouldn’t be difficult to certify and achieve, given the good color accuracy of this monitor. PriceTime’s Scar, Chrono Cross – Listening for the highs of the flute and the transition to high-mids from the viola, general instrumental If the soundbar works on the computer, you may have a defective USB port on the Dell monitor or a defective the USB upstream cable.

In terms of adjustments, this monitor has all bases covered. Tilt, swivel, rotate and height adjustments are all there and par for course. As with Dell’s recent arm design, there’s a little hollow nook in the middle of the monitor for better cable management that comes in nice and handy. As far as I can tell, it doesn’t compromise on the stability or rigidity as it withstood me shaking on the stand with some effort. CompleteCover:CompleteCover service is available for personal computers, Axim PDAs, Dell branded projectors and LCD TV. CompleteCover excludes theft, loss, and damage due to fire, intentional damage, acts of God or natural disasters, animals, pets or pests. Customer may be required to return unit to Dell. If you want to know what it sounds like, set your iPhone to max volume. That's pretty much what this soundbar sounds like at max volume. At this rate, I’d expect some sort of built-in mid-range DAC/Amp combo to truly round up the all-in-one experience in the near future. Just kidding… or am i? OSD The Dell AX510 and AX510PA are soundbars that attach to the bottom of certain Dell monitors. The following Dell knowledge base article has more information (including compatibility) about these soundbars: General Information About the Dell AX510 and AX510PA SoundbarsSitting at about arm’s length from the soundbar itself, things are usually ok in terms of it feeling like stereo sound, thanks to each driver being at the far end length of the speaker itself. However, it starts to break down if one were to move towards the speaker a little, as the soundstage is not as wide as two separate satellite speakers would be, causing it to narrow it to something more mono-sounding; a heads up for interested parties to sit further away to get the best experience.

The Dell Slim Soundbar SB521A attaches to the bottom of certain Dell monitors. The following Dell knowledge base article has more information (including compatibility) about this soundbar: Dell Slim Soundbar SB521A Usage and Troubleshooting Guide Clean or reconnect all cables again. Test the soundbar with a different audio source, such as from another computer. USB3 has been utilized for the soundbar’s only connectivity option and Dell didn’t see a need to implement any kind of Bluetooth connectivity that might increase the cost of the product – A move I agree with though as always, wouldn’t hurt to include a separate SKU for those that might want it. Soundstage & VolumeFinal thoughts The AC511 is a decent soundbar attached to my Dell P2715Q, first released in 2014. So when I decided to upgrade to the U2723QE, I was happy to see that despite the annoyance that the soundbar I already own won't fit, I may be able to acquire a similar sound experience with the new screen and an SB522A soundbar. Unfortunately, the speaker is not worth using as a general purpose computer speaker even for conference calls, as it is marketed, and the microphone is redundant. While I'll miss the convenience of a speaker that stays off of my desk, listening to the tiny tinny dell slim conferencing soundbar would surely hurt my ears over time. Your work office or home office deserve better. Unfortunately, even at a technically less challenging QHD resolution, Dell has been unable to fit freesync into panels like this and with the unimpressive 60Hz refresh rate, there just isn’t much incentive for pure gamers to consider this one. At a 8ms GtG response, it’s pretty much par for course when it comes to higher-than-HD resolutions; not abysmal enough to get smearing or ghosting while using the monitor to game, but also not great either now that even certain QHD panels can reach 120Hz and beyond with a faster response time to boot.

In terms of volume, these are pretty really loud speakers given that they’re usb-powered and can fill the typical room at about 60 volume no problem and that’s not even at its pull power, nice. You’ll definitely have no issues here. All other products will be delivered via the fastest available method (excluding bank holidays and weekends) and generally within 3-5 days, depending on customer location. Estimated valueis Dell’s estimate of product value based on industry data, including the prices at which third-party retailers have offered or valued the same or comparable products, in its most recent survey of major online and/or off-line retailers. Third-party retailer data may not be based on actual sales. CompleteCover: Service is available for personal computers, Axim PDAs, Dell branded projectors and LCD TV. CompleteCover excludes theft, loss, and damage due to fire, intentional damage, acts of God or natural disasters, animals, pets or pests. Customer may be required to return unit to Dell. This service is only available in selected countries.

Amplifier

Hard drive retention: Hard drive retention is not available on models with a soldered hard drive, including XPS 9315 2in1, Chromebooks or Venue tablets, except the Venue 11 Pro. Terms Apply. Promotion ends 3 December 2023. Items are subject to availability. Max 5 units per customer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment