276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Alternate Collection Box) (BF22 EX)

£15.15£30.30Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 1975, Rumors and Tusk albums are all presented in complete form with demos, early takes, rehearsals, etc. I was not that interested in much of the later Fleetwood Mac output but have recently revisited their albums and I have to say this album has much more to it than I previously thought, hence the vinyl purchase. One example of that: The Alternate Collection’s “Suma’s Walk,” an amiable but unremarkable instrumental riff that with a new name, beefed-up instrumentation, and terrific vocals, became the Mirage ear candy known as “Can’t Go Back. Some of his listeners probably wouldn’t have understood him if he had because they didn’t speak English. Originally released in 1975, Fleetwood Mac's self-titled release marked the addition of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks into the band's line-up.

Following their massive success, the band continued its infamous soap opera when its musical leader and guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham, threatened to quit if he didn’t get things his way, resulting in clashes not only with his band but especially Caillat, who had been essential to the band’s Grammy-winning sound. I have taken the time to listen to these after picking up the box set on RSD Black Friday and I just have to say, the sound quality on these clear pressings is amazing! Clam shell outer box containing 6 CD's inside individual cardboard sleeves with inner cellophane protective sleeves. Hernan Rojas’s story recounts a young man who leaves Chile after General Pinochet’s coup to seek his future in the music industry of Los Angeles, where he finds success at one of the hottest studios in town.Still, as Nelson says in liner notes for Live at Budokan, a new two-CD and DVD release of the show, “Music is a great communicator…[people] will hear it in whatever language they are listening. Does Fleetwood Mac’s music from 1975 - 1987 need a review…no…if you are viewing this page and reading the reviews you know all about classic Mac. Mirage is without doubt a superb album, capturing and showing off everything that is great about Fleetwood Mac in their earlier years. Même chose pour le Live de 1980 dont les titres bonus sont rigoureusement les mêmes que sur le coffret anniversaire sorti en 2021…Voilà donc un coffret qui n’apporte pas grand-chose au fan collectionneur quand même puisqu’il/elle possède déjà ces coffrets anniversaires. Often, when a band releases demo or rehearsal tracks or alternate mixes, their weakness serves only to point up the wisdom behind the choices for the official album.

I can give them some credit I suppose as this is an old album and perhaps they didn't have the luxury of a brilliant recording to start. It would have been nice if the new edition of Catch Bull at Four had at least incorporated some bonus tracks and liner notes. Such an edition of the group’s eponymous 1975 LP came out in 2012 and was followed in later years by box sets devoted to 1977’s Rumours, 1979’s Tusk, 1980’s Live, 1982’s Mirage, and 1987’s Tango in the Night. With my copy, though I encountered a sharp screech on more than 2 occasions in the first track alone. With Christine recently passing it’s been nice to listen to this set and appreciate all she gave to the music of Fleetwood Mac.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. This release features a selection of alternate takes mirroring the original album, including early versions of 'Monday Morning', 'Landslide', 'Rhiannon' and 'World Turning'. The only complaint, if i must, is the thin cellophane sleeves inside the cardboard sleeves for each CD.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment