276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Praying the Bible

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the most significant and powerful prayers in the Bible is Jabez’s prayer for strength and protection in the book of Chronicles. From 1 Chronicles 4: 2-21, Jabez was mentioned as part of Judah’s genealogy. The author of Chronicles gave a short history of Jabez’s name and his short prayer to God. Although short, it was also a powerful prayer for protection . He believed that he had a great purpose to accomplish, and he asked God to help. The key to praying the Prayer of Jabez is understanding its context and praying it in Jesus’ name, which is a key to all prayer. The books of Chronicles were written after Israel had returned from exile in Babylon. The books’ purpose was to encourage God’s people that He had not abandoned them nor His promises to them. Thus, Jabez and his prayer reminded God’s people of His grace and blessing to His people, encouraging them to believe and pray in a similar fashion. Another one of Jesus’ most earnest prayers in the Bible is for all believers; that they may remain united despite their differences. He prayed for unity amongst us so that the world may believe in God.

Luke 23: 42-43 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” Lessons We Can Learn From The Criminal’s Prayer Difficult Times Reveal Our Faith In God Jesus’ prayer for surrender and obedience to God is a well-known prayer. This was Jesus’ prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane. Before Jesus fulfilled God’s plan of salvation, he prayed to God and was in great anguish over his approaching physical pain and separation from God. Though Jesus knew his crucifixion was inevitable and of God’s will, his human nature still struggled. This is a powerful prayer in the bible that we can all learn from. Paul’s] prayer is like a staircase by which he ascends higher and higher in his aspiration for them… [It] has four steps whose keywords are ‘ strength’ (that they might be strengthened by Christ’s indwelling through the Spirit), secondly ‘ love’ (that they might be rooted and grounded in love), thirdly ‘ knowledge’ (that they might know Christ’s love in all its dimensions, although it is beyond knowledge), and fourthly ‘ fullness’ (that they might be filled up to the very fullness of God).” 2

3. Pray the psalm of the day.

The immediate action Hezekiah took after receiving a letter of battle that ridiculed his faith in God was to seek God in hopeful prayer and petition. Neither did Hezekiah complain nor wallow in self-pity. He simply chose God. “As a child bringing his broken toy to his father for repair, so Hezekiah laid the issues in God’s sight for resolution.” (Patterson and Austel) Declaring Who God Is Strengthens Courage

Hannah begins her prayer with adoration ‘My heart rejoices in the Lord; in my horn, the Lord is lifted high’. This is a powerful prayer and a good reminder for us that God is always worthy of our praise and adoration. Remembering That God Is Your Only ConstantThis article is part of our prayer resources meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us, and God knows your heart even if you can't find the words to pray.

Prayer for Good health ( 3 John 1:2): Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. Charles Spurgeon, in his sermon on Jude 23–24 titled “Christians Kept In Time And Glorified In Eternity”, part of the book God’s Purpose for Your Suffering.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. To the roots of the mountains I sank down; The earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, Lord my God, Brought my life up from the pit. “When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, And my prayer rose to you, To your holy temple. “Those who cling to worthless idols Turn away from God’s love for them. But I, with shouts of grateful praise, Will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’” Prayers from the New Testament It is true, Lord, that the Assyrian kings have laid waste these nations and their lands. 18 They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by human hands. 19 Now, Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, Lord, are God.’ Lessons We Can Learn From Hezekiah’s Prayer In Troubling Times, Seek God First

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment