276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bloody Tourists

£7.615£15.23Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first single " Dreadlock Holiday" b/w non album track "Nothing Can Move Me" preceded the album and topped the charts in several countries, including the United Kingdom, where it became the band's third and last number-one hit. This album is not as creative as usual (but remember that half the band quit some two years before). This re-issue faithfully replicates the original 1978 Mercury Records UK release with legendary Hipgnosis-designed gatefold sleeve and printed inner and is pressed onto high quality 180g vinyl.

Like many of their biggest hits, it remains a staple of radio programming and its parent album plays well. Dreadlock Holiday” was the hit, and there are many out there who feel that this was a bit of a racist song .The album was reissued on CD in 1997 adding "Nothing Can Move Me", the b-side to " Dreadlock Holiday", as bonus track.

more of an exaggerated tropical beat would probably have been the thing to send this track over the top. Bloody Tourists is the sixth studio album by the English rock band 10cc, released worldwide by Mercury Records and in North America by Polydor Records in September 1978. This is not to say that “Bloody Tourists” does not have it’s high points, or its bright spots, because it does . the ride was more then great, but due to changes in the group, this is where I had to finally had to leave off with 10 CC. Recorded at Strawberry Studios South in Dorking, the album was produced by Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman.and in defense of the band, I don’t think those people actually got it, because the point 10 CC were making [with there ‘on purpose’ very bad rendition of a reggae song] is that one can have a “Dreadlock Holiday” anywhere, at anytime. My least favourite song (not by its theme but by its genre) is the bluesy/funky "Anonymous Alcoholic". Once you hear what they have to say, you are left wondering why you weren’t able to have seen or said things in such a cinematic manner . The point being, that individually, these guys had tremendous street credits, all it took was for them to merge their talents and take the world by storm.

it’s just that with this release I felt a stress, something I just can’t put my finger on, but ever present non the less. The band was also solidified with songwriting and lead vocals contributions from other members than the core duo of Stewart and Gouldman, however it was also the first 10cc album to feature songs written separately by Stewart and Gouldman. do so well is that some radio stations in America refused to play reggae of any kind, which could be true.The first half of the team took a very artsy, and as I said, cinematic view of the music, while latter were more straight forward in their approach to pop music. They were also part of, if I may put it this way, a music factory, who turned out one hit after bubble gum and pop hit after another. highly compressed guitar sound, the spacious harmonies, instruments and sound effects emphasizing lyrics. Also, the inner sleeve didn't had the same print as presented in the preview, instead it was just a blank page. released a live album in 1977 which also was somewhat successful, so they were ready for their next studio album.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment