276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Xantrex C40 Solar Charge Controller 40 Amps

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My initial thoughts are to adapt the emonTX to interface to Xanbus RJ-45 or RS-485, which are the two options to connect to Schneider equipment. I have been able to set up an Arduino Uno with Wiznet 5100 Ethernet shield, and utilizing the ArduinoModbus library have been able to query Modbus registers from the SE devices. It is capable of handling 40 amps at continuous duty and can handle current surges of up to 85 amps. My next step is to create a simple service running on the Arduino that will query SE devices and produce JSON output. This digital meter only mounts as a remote meter (does not fit on front of charge controller) for the C35, C40, or C60.

Xantrex, a subsidiary of Schneider Electric, manufacturers a range of components for the renewable energy, marine and mobile power electrical systems. Your two 12 volt 100 amp batteries are no where near enough capacity to operate that inverter to full power. The current ratings are real world and do not have to be derated to comply with USA NEC 125% over-current requirements. All C Series controllers have a powerful microprocessor at their core which increases system performance and maximizes battery life. I'm even taking precautions against a lightening strike, as we have lots of storms here in northern Fla.As a DC Load Controller- As a DC load controller, the C Series has a low voltage disconnect warning indicator and field adjustable set points that govern automatic low and high voltage disconnect.

but, at least with the batteries, that's not feasible unless I want to take the loss (thanks again, Mike). Something that I came upon revisiting this is that SE provides Modbus via RS-485 and TCP/IP through their ComBox and Conext Gateway. v=1542912875","options":["Title"],"media":[{"alt":null,"id":514784985228,"position":1,"preview_image":{"aspect_ratio":0. It is all very simplistic right now, but I am confident that I have all the technical pieces to access any SE device via Modbus over TCP/IP, and feed it to any network service.They operate in only one mode at a time, so two controllers must be used to provide both PV charge controller and low battery load disconnect.

The C40 has a powerful microprocessor at its core which increases system performance and maximizes battery life. The ProSine is UL 458 listed for mobile applications (RVs or boats) and UL 1741 for homes in the United States. I feed enmonCMS, but through external sensors, not direct modbus interface - it is pretty accurate, though. The majority of Xantrex products are manufactured to serve 12 Volt and 24 Volt DC (direct current) systems that require AC power. C35, C40 and C60 charge controllers can be used as a charge, diversion, or load controller and come with a standard multi-color charge status LED face plate.Xantrex manufactures inverter chargers, inverters, battery chargers and power conversion devices for a variety of applications including marine, mobile, military and power backup. A simple to read, multi-color LED indicates operating status and is standard on all C Series controllers. As a Solar Charge Controller- When used as a solar charge controller, the C40 can control 12, 24, or 48Vdc array operation. The Xantrex PowerHub modified sine wave inverter / charger is capable of delivering backup power to your house of up to 1440 Watts continuously with up to 1800 Watt surge for five minutes.

and UL 458* with Marine supplement *For marine supplement compliance drip shield in specific mounting orientation is required. This charge controller's easy installation is ideal for solar battery charging systems in any enclosed location. Xantrex's enabling technology converts raw electrical power from any source— solar panels, central utility, backup power, distributed or renewable generation—into high-quality electricity required by today's electronic and electrical equipment. Although this is not an Open Source solution, it does provide a start point that will allow me to begin utilizing emonCMS and learning more about the OEM stack.

As diversion controllers they send excess power to a "dummy load" (such as a water or space heater) to regulate hydroelectric or wind generators. Well batteries cannot be installed in a residence this way as it is not code compliant for residential.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment