276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Saucony Men's Ride 14 Running Shoe

£35.825£71.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You’ll see a difference between the Ride 13 and Ride 14 when you compare them side by side. Reviewers unanimously appreciated the speedier look and low-profile silhouette, and the new colors stand out.

Saucony Guide 14 Review | Running Shoes Guru Saucony Guide 14 Review | Running Shoes Guru

Personal: A (Nothing overly fancy, in all of the right ways possible, this is a consistent riding shoe that will deliver for many miles) It retains the same PWRRUN cushioning used in the 13 to provide a nicely responsive and cushioned ride and has matched that with a mesh upper that’s designed to help make this a lighter and more breathable shoe to eat up miles in than its predecessor.Performance: A- (Great at easy paces, daily paces, soft and flexible ride is nice, the shoe could do a little better at uptempo however) Whether I was running really slowly, above 6 minutes per km, or sprinting below 3-minute pace, the Ride 15 impressed me. Right now, if I was going to an island and I could only bring one mid-range daily trainer with me, I’d choose the Ride 15. Mile after mile, year after year, the Saucony Ride 14 is a reliable trainer that keeps getting better. It’s a bit more firm under foot than I think it should be, leaving a bit to be desired in pep and bounce. The new Ride 14 looks and feels sportier than the 13,” one reviewer says. “It's protective enough for big training cycles, but the sleeker look and nimble feel give it serious versatility. Those funky colors don't hurt, either.”

Cut in half: Saucony Ride 14 Review (2023) | RunRepeat

Matt: The Ride 14 continues to a stable neutral shoe. There is a heel counter that wraps almost into the midfoot, yet is still cushioned enough that it did not irritate my heel. The heel bevel is smoother now thanks to the softer ride. The wider outsole last really helps in the midfoot as it is more consistent with the rest of the shoe. The very flexible forefoot helps continue forward progression. Saucony shoes also tend to have a little higher arch, which does give a little more proprioceptive cue into the medial arch. This isn't arch support necessarily (certainly not a post), but can still be supportive. Classically Saucony, there is also medial and lateral midsole flare throughout the length of the shoe. Those that need mild support (me) will do fine in this shoe and those sensitive to posting/arch support will not notice this. The Ride was cut from the same cloth as the Brooks Ghost and the Nike Pegasus. You always knew what you were going to get when buying it. This all changes with the Ride 15. Guide’s midsole PWRRUN foam is actually more flexible than it feels while running, with the medial post keeping the shoe from bending past midfoot. Saucony included a padded tongue to alleviate pressure on the top of your foot, and they sewed it into a partial bootie for a precise fit. The upper gives the Ride a comfortable fit and soft feel, one tester says. Every time I put Guide on, I am amazed by the soft hug that keeps on comforting me all through the run. Guide’s upper supports, reflects, and genuinely “works.”

The feathery feel complements the moderately firm cushioning for a ride that can handle any type of run. The Guide from Saucony has received high marks for consistently being a solid shoe in the brand’s stability lineup, as the mid-cushioned, firmer younger sister of the brand’s Hurricane which employs the softer PWRRUN+ midsole. The plush shoelaces (that my cat likes playing with while I put the shoe on), anticipate the padded comfort of the rest of the upper.

Shoe Review: Saucony Ride 14 | Fleet Feet Shoe Review: Saucony Ride 14 | Fleet Feet

I’m confident in my prediction that Saucony will sell more Ride 15’s than any previous version of the Ride. It’s softer, more comfortable, more cushioned, and also more lively than any of its predecessors. One of the weight-saving factors is the minimal use of rubber on the outsole. The stripes are rather thin and are strategically placed in the areas that are most prone to abrasion. While running in this shoe, I wouldn’t say the midsole excites the soul, but it’s pleasant and doesn’t feel dull or heavy. This shoe is great for daily training. No break-in period needed Whether you’re training for a race or looking for a comfortable shoe to wear when you walk the dog, the Saucony Ride 14 deserves a spot in your shoe closet. I actually didn’t notice the weight much while testing which is a surprise and a testament to their ability to get the job done without fanfare or fuss. Should last a long time

The Ride 15’s sub 9-ounce weight combined with its lively ride makes it a truly special daily trainer. It has a modern feel which is fun and it has no major flaws What is your impression of the 14? If you’ve run in this shoe in the past as well, what do you think of this latest version as compared with the previous? Let us know in the comments! My first run was a 20 km long run at a steady 4.44 minutes per km pace. The Ride 15 was very impressive on that run. It didn’t need any break-in period, the fit was excellent and the ride felt well-balanced. While the Ride 14 is still a reliable everyday training shoe, Saucony made a few updates to improve the fit and feel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment