276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Half of It: A Memoir

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I consider myself a very casual fan who has a few of her songs on my playlists, yet I have always been informed about the things that she has experienced throughout the years because I'm very active on social media. I hope she releases another book in the future because, indeed, that is just another one of her many talents. Because, at the end of the day, the only person that will be there for me through my brightest and my darkest times is myself. There was a time when I too might have viewed content about women and girls in the media like Madison Beer through a jealous and spiteful lens, an embarrassing quality I can now forgive myself and my mother for because this is how women were encouraged to perceive each other as a means of survival: as competition (to the benefit of men everywhere). After reading the book, I empathize with Madison’s experience and her anger and hurt are valid, but it got a little repetitive and I found myself skimming a lot of the 160 pages.

But Madison's casual way of describing her struggles with mental health and the trauma she is trying to work through surely is a powerful message to her fans, and anyone else who struggles the same. This book left my heart feeling full, it inspired me to spread more kindness, and not be so hard on my self. I've listened only to her two albums, but from her lyrics alone, you can tell she's had a rough time in life.I really hope that you'll find the things and the people that make you happy and that you will always try to keep them close to you! She talks about how careful she is when she opens up because she doesn't want to be seen as ungrateful or out of touch with reality (since, you know, other people have it worse and all that). I knew about the leak of her nudes, I knew about all the hate she received because of her famous boyfriend and I knew how much she has struggled ever since her teenage years. Of course she acknowledges the fact that fame is the common denominator in most of her mental issues, but I really appreciated the humane approach she took in terms of the problems and the obstacles she faced. although short, this is a vulnerable memoir (including journal prompts and answers to fan questions) touching on madison’s rather unique experience of navigating childhood fame, growing up under the eyes of millions online, and dealing with mental health struggles.

Not for you to know everything about her, but enough so you know she understands how you feel, and give you some advice until you get professional help. When I hear the word "memoir," I anticipate a narrative-driven account of a person's life, and The Half of It is far from that. After going viral at just twelve years old, Madison Beer publicly navigated the transition from childhood star to global entertainer, undergoing a record-breaking run as an independent artist before signing with Epic Records and releasing her long-awaited debut album, Life Support, in 2021. After a game, mistakenly believing they both have developed feelings for each other, Paul attempts to kiss Ellie, but she rejects him. i’ve seen a few reviews which say they wish there was more depth here, but madison is only 24 and has a lot of life left to live, so we can’t really expect wealths of wisdom, and i don’t think that’s her intention with this book anyway.I laughed, I cried, and felt honoured that she chose to share such a vulnerable aspect of her life with the world.

she talks about her fans a lot and how she relates to them through music, behind the scenes of music videos and sticking up for herself in-front of managers.

At the end of the day, I would give it 5 stars based on the themes, the vulnerability, the gentleness and the overall reading experience, but I believe that, from an objective point of view and in terms of the writing and the structure, it deserves 3 stars.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment