276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seiko 5 Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Fabric Strap SNK809K2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The SNK809 does exactly what it’s supposed to do, and nothing more: It’s accessible, affordable, and offers a more than solid entry point into the world of mechanical watches.

Before we start dissecting this bad boy, let’s get an idea of just where the Seiko 5 series came from. Seiko 5 Sports Automatic 6601-8930 – Nov 1965 – Photography by Worn & Wound The general design of the watch isn’t exactly screaming for attention. It’s nice, just not as nice looking as other watches in this price rangeThe Seiko Turtle is a relatively large watch, coming in at 44mm. However, don’t be thrown off by its specs. The square-ish, ‘cushion-case’ design of the Turtle, and its short, chunky lugs make it suitable for all but the smallest of wrists. Whilst many large dive-watches have a tendency to feel top-heavy and unbalanced, the Turtle feels extremely natural on the wrist, and wears incredibly comfortably too. Beyond the strap, there’s not much to complain about, and the Seiko gives watches costing twice as much a run for their money.

A few small gripes pop up along the way, but they’re not enough to tarnish what is otherwise a great watch with a solid value proposition. Unlike many watches you see around these days, the SNK809 isn’t huge, it’s perfect for people looking for a watch that suits smaller wrists.It’s safe to say that the Seiko 5 SNK809 isn’t one of the most stunning looking watches. I don’t think I’d wear it to any serious formal occasions myself, but I would be more than happy to wear it as a day to day watch. But I just have to point it out that adjusting and using this watch is very easy and convenient. And if the size is the only factor that you are considering, then I suggest that you think twice or even thrice before closing the doors for the SNK809. I mentioned earlier in our specifications section that the Seiko featured a Seiko 7S26 movement. The Seiko 7S26 automatic movement is basic 21 jewel style movement. The small size of the Seiko SNK805/807/809 makes it perfect for people (men & women) with small to medium wrists.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment