276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Focusrite Clarett+ 8Pre Studio-Grade 18-in/20-out Audio Interface for Established Producers —Eight High-Performance, Low-Noise, Low-Distortion Mic Preamps Capture Audio with Precise Clarity

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, key practical points to note are that the unit is mains‑powered via an internal switch‑mode PSU (accepting 100‑240V AC through a standard IEC inlet), and it connects to the host computer via a USB‑C connector on the rear panel (USB C‑C and USB C‑A cables are included in the box). Each output pair can have its own cue mix, but in place of the usual endless buttons, meters, faders and pan–pots, these are formed from very simple channel ‘objects’ which cleverly combine all these functions in a single graphical entity. These objects can be mono or stereo, and the interface positively encourages you to hide any that aren’t being used in a particular cue mix.

Like its Thunderbolt predecessor, the Clarett 8Pre USB is an 18-in, 20-out audio interface, with 8 Mic/Line inputs (2 of which are also high impedance instrument inputs) which allow you to record anything from condenser mics, to super-hot pickups without any unwanted distortion or clipping. I was quite surprised that with the gain pot at 90% I was only seeing the first/lowest signal LED light up and I had to add lots of level later in post. I really enjoyed working with this thing, it's very simple to set up, everything just worked exactly as I was expecting. With comprehensive connectivity including analog I/O, S/PDIF, and ADAT I/O, the Focusrite Clarett+ 8Pre is ready to integrate into virtually any recording rig. Unlike the 8Pre, the 8PreX also gives you the ability to switch the hardware input metering to show either bank of digital inputs instead of the analogue ins.Andertons Music Company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm registration number 716155.

With mics plugged in, the Air circuit gave a unique sense of analogue character and colour to our flat-response small diaphragm condensers when capturing stringed instruments.

Phantom power is available on all mic inputs, but is switched in two banks of four using front–panel buttons, while input gain is set using potentiometers. With every Focusrite Scarlett and Clarett+ purchase, you'll get the new Hitmaker Expansion for free. Using a straightforward USB connection, and making full use of the included software packages, the Clarett 8Pre USB makes setting up your home studio easier than ever.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment