276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher

£16.5£33.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Chapter 3 establishes the importance for critical reflection of teachers analyzing their own autobiographies as learners. What I love about this simple, anonymous survey is that it provides clear insight into how students experience my teaching. I have seen Stephen Brookfield in conferences and he is a brave educator, open to tackle some of the issues most of us would rather not.

Despite the continuity of the core thesis in the second edition, Brookfield has done something rather unusual for a new edition in completely rewriting “the whole book from the opening sentence to the last” (ix). All chapters have been thoroughly updated and expanded to reflect today's classroom formats, whether online or face-to-face, or in large lectures or small groups. The CIQ has surprised me on numerous occasions in which I thought I was "bombing" a teaching session. Houle Award for Outstanding Literature in Adult Education, he is the author of numerous books on teaching, including The Skillful Teacher (2015), Teaching for Critical Thinking (2011), and The Discussion Book (with Stephen Preskill) (2016), all from Jossey-Bass.Chapter 4 continues the discussion of the autobiographies and describes a number of practical approaches for doing autobiographical reflection. Filled with practical tools and expert insight, this volume helps facilitate a journey of constructive self-critique. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Assumptions guide practice and only when we base our actions on accurate assumptions will we achieve the results we want. Targeting faculty at all levels and across disciplines, this personal guide explores how practicing critical reflection can help align faculty with desired student outcomes, to view their practice from new perspectives, and engage learners by using varied teaching formats. In addition, all chapters have been thoroughly updated and expanded to align with today's classrooms, whether online or face-to-face, in large lecture formats or small groups. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. One particular dimension of this book that has served me well as a teacher is the Critical Incident Questionnaire (CIQ).Chapter 10 looks at the particular contributions that the literature of critical reflection can make to the reflective effort. At the very point that I thought I was failing, numerous students gave feedback that suggested the opposite. Stephen Brookfield—the award-wining educator and bestselling author—explains how to confront the contradictions involved in creating democratic classrooms by using critical reflection as a tool for ongoing personal and professional development.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment