276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Swiffer Duster, Blue, pack of 20

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fold a 7x7 inch piece in half length-wise and mark the center of the fold to find the center. Then on each side of that center mark measure out 3/4 inch and mark it. Do it at both ends and then make a line for those 3/4 marks. Lay the 7″x7″ pieces on top of each other with the right sides facing out. Clip or pin them together.

Lay the 7"x7" pieces on top of each other with the right sides facing out. Clip or pin them together. You’ll find tutorials on sewing projects, DIYs, Crafts, and lots more! The step-by-step instructions for affordable projects are designed for you to live your happiest life, whether it be in a RV, a suburban homestead, a rural farm, or a city apartment.The first step in this diy swiffer duster sewing tutorial is wash, dry, and iron your fabric. This acts as a preshrink for your fabric so that your stitches do not pull out the first time you wash your duster. One of my favorite parts of this project is that you can reuse this again and again, so take the time to prepare the fabric beforehand and it will serve you in the long run. Next you need to cut out your fabric according to the cut list below. You will need two of each size: The last thing you need to do to make this duster is to make the fringes. Use the scissors to cut the edges about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch apart and all the way to the stitching. Make sure to do not cut the stitching. Lay a piece of the 3"x7" piece down, then lay a 4"x7" on top of that one making sure to line up that centerline. Then lay a 6"x7" on top of that one then the 7"x7" pieces. Make sure to keep everything centered. Last lay the other 6"x7", 4"x7" and 3"x7". Clip or pin everything in place. And that’s it! Now you know how to make this swiffer duster! Slide the cover onto the duster by placing the handle in the pieces with the 3/4 inch from center stitches. This is one sewing craft where it really does not matter if things are slightly off. The main thing to make sure you have right on is the 3/4 inch from center stitches as this is where the duster handle will slide in. Make your own reusable duster and save yourself some money. I admit this project has helped me dust more regularly around my home and I can tell the difference in my allergies. I hope this little project helps you as much as it did me! Now on this duster sewing tutorial, we will layer our fabric pieces. Lay a piece of the 3″x7″ piece down, then lay a 4″x7″ on top of that one making sure to line up that centerline. Then lay a 6″x7″ on top of that one then the 7″x7″ pieces. Make sure to keep everything centered. Lastly, lay the other 6″x7″, 4″x7″ and 3″x7″. Clip or pin everything in place.

First you need to cut all the pieces of fabric that will be needed. You will need two of each size. (2) 7"x7" (2) 6"x7" (2) 4"x7" (2) 3"x7" Today I’m going to show you how to make something you probably use every day. The Swiffer dusters are so handy to have around the house for easy cleaning and dusting. However, it can get costly to keep having to buy the refills for them. But what if I told you that you can make a reusable one? I’m going to show you these DIY Swiffer Duster – Make Your Own Reusable Dusters! It is a pretty easy sewing project too. If you are just starting out on your sewing journey, this is a great project to make. Sew up a few of these so you can have one on the duster and then have another that can be tossed in the wash and then swap them as needed. As for the fabric needed for this sewing project, it works best if you use something like flannel or fleece. That is because both of those grab and hold on to the dust better than say a board cloth. Terry cloth will also work but it sometimes leaves behind more little fabric particles as we will have raw edges on this duster. I’ll leave that choice up to you.Whatever you decide on, you’ll need about half of a yard.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment