276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BOSS SD-1 SUPER OverDrive Effects Pedal for Guitar and Bass - Mild to Moderate Tube - like Overdrive Characteristics Ideal for Clean and Driven amps. BOSS 5-Year Warranty.,Yellow

£36.5£73.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The SD-1 has been a mainstay in the pedal market for over 40 years, largely down to its simplicity and versatility. As well as using the SD-1 as an Overdrive, its transparent tone perfect translate to use as a Booster.

BOSS - SD-1 | SUPER OverDrive

Patch/pedal cable—right-angle 1/4-inch connectors, 1 ft./30 cm length. Also available in 3 ft./1 m (BIC-3AA) length. Overdrive and distortion are unique sounds that can be confused. Gain an increased awareness of the differences between the two terms. Read more… What’s the Difference Between a DS-1, SD-1, and BD-2? Specifications Nominal Input Level -20 dBu Input Impedance 1 M ohm Nominal Output Level -20 dBu Output Impedance 1 k ohm Recommended Load Impedance 10 k ohms or greater Controls Pedal switch Sign up to the Boss UK monthly newsletter and look forward to the latest gear news, artist-related features, how-to guides and much more in your inbox. YouTube Channel AC adaptor (sold separately) Current Draw 15 mA Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.) Carbon: Approx. 25 hoursD4, D5, and D6 can be switched out with all different types of diodes and combinations of them. For example, many folks like this change: AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately) Current Draw 10 mA Expected battery life under continuous use Carbon: Approx. 60 hours Waza Craft demo featuring BD-2W, SD-1W, and DM-2W in combination with a variety of guitars and amps. There's another SoundTank clone by a company called POS, which I think stands for Piece of Shame. Either that or Penguins on Sabbatical. Or maybe Periodically Observant Soothsayers. Honestly, I could do this all day, but we have to finish the article at some point. The SD-1 is perfect for beginner guitarists looking for their first pedal, intermediate guitar players wanting to push their playing further and advanced players who wanted legendary tone.

Boss - SD-1 Super Overdrive - freestompboxes.org Boss - SD-1 Super Overdrive - freestompboxes.org

In 1981, the now-venerable Boss SD-1 pedal redefined overdrive tone. Based around the revolutionary asymmetrical clipping circuit from the OD-1(one of the 3original Boss compact stompboxesfrom 1977), the SD-1 wasadored for deliveringrich, organicand highly-musical gainwhilepreserving the core soniccharacteristicsof aplayer's guitar/amp setup — with a subtle mid-boost to add clarity and punch!Photo 13 (left): Remove the indicated wires and components in your TS9. Photo 14 (right): Remove the indicated wires and components in your SD-1.

Mods to Perfect Your Ibanez TS9 and Boss SD-1 5 DIY Mods to Perfect Your Ibanez TS9 and Boss SD-1

Protect your investment. Register your product and stay up-to-date with the latest warranty information. Facebook Each Waza Craft pedal is a complete redesign of the classic circuits by the original designers. Find out exactly what makes them so unique. Read more… Waza Craft Ultimate Rundown! Photo 32 (left): Measure and mark the drill hole for your SD-1’s new pot. Photo 33 (right): Make sure the pot lugs face the top of your Super Overdrive enclosure to avoid shorting the circuit. Welcome to our global family. The BOSS Worldwide Social Network keeps you connected to the latest products, exciting events, and much more. It was my first overdrive pedal when I was about 13 years old and that was it,” Dan tells us. “It was the ultimate overdrive sound right away for me and I will always have one on my board. It’s been on every album we’ve ever recorded – Love Is Only A Feeling was an SD-1 and a BOSS compressor a Space Echo – and it’s quite unusual for me to play lots of lead guitar on a Darkness song. I don’t know what it is about the SD-1 but it’s just got vibes. They nailed it didn’t they?”

In a nutshell, the SD-1 pushes your guitar amp beyond its comfort zone, adding more crunch, enhanced dynamics, increased sustain and more warmth. You can use it as a smooth/responsive sounding overdrive or as a boost. The SD-1 is known for its extremely transparent sound, which perfectly maintains your guitar’s natural tone and its positive interaction with your amp. Nominal Input Level -20 dBu Input Impedance 1 M ohm Nominal Output Level -20 dBu Output Impedance 1 k ohm Recommended Load Impedance 10 k ohms or greater Bypass Buffered bypass Controls DRIVE knob Photo 11 (left): Replacing your Super Overdrive’s R5 resistor with a 10k Ω part will enable you to clean up the signal more. Also, swapping the C3 and R6 components with different values will vary the available gain and which frequencies get amplified and clipped by the op-amp. Photo 12 (right): Swap your Tube Screamer’s R7 resistor with a 10k Ω resistor for a more pristine minimum-gain setting. You can also vary the C3 and R6 values for different levels of drive, as well as to change frequencies the op-amp clips and amplifies. The real question here is: what are they cloning? Going off the name and the enclosure style, you’d probably guess the BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion, but the BOSS pedal has four knobs instead of three, and honestly it doesn't sound anything like this. I think they're going after the classic BOSS DS-1 Distortion. My theory here is that they didn't want it to be utterly shameless. I think they wanted to throw you off a little bit and make you think it's unique.

Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive | Reverb Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive | Reverb

But we think the cost outweighs the benefits, at least if you're comparing directly to the SD-1. Given the smaller price tag, the SD-1 can get you close to the TS9's sound, and might even be the preferable alternative, depending on who you ask. This pedal is super noisy, and I think the unit I have is actually a little broken, but it’s still really fun to play. The legendary SD-1 is truly a sound for all styles. Run through four key advantages of the classic pedal and find out what it can do for you. Read more…D5: 1n4148, D6: 1n4148 and a LED connected in series allow D4 and or D6 lets to illuminate ? I recently put just an LED in D6 with out a diode and it doesn’t light. Greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you. Love both pedals but the SD-1 is very special. I also have an OD-1 but put it in the cupboard for the SD-1 because of the tone know. They sound the slightest bit different but this wouldn’t be audible, maybe because there was 30 years age difference between the two. Photo 26 (left): Install the 10k Ω resistor with the 3" jumper in your Tube Screamer. Photo 27 (right): Install the 10k Ω resistor with the 3" jumper in your Super Overdrive. Fast-forward 4 decades, and Boss hascelebrated the 40th anniversary of its Super Overdrive pedal with the limited edition SD-1-4A — featuring areversed colourscheme, gold-capped knobs, a vintage silver thumbscrew and a special 40th anniversary logo box. This is the perfect dirt box for Boss aficionados looking for something with plenty of future collectable prestige. Key Features

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment