276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lore

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then I just didn’t buy most of the character dynamics and relationships. These people are supposed to be close and I just don’t see it outside of maybe Lore and Castor and Lore and Miles. But other friendships Lore supposedly have fall so flat and unbelievable. Without substance. And any conflict between “good” characters just get resolved. One of them tries to literally kill another one and it’s forgotten a few chapters later. She distilled over a thousand years of history into mere minutes, feeling more and more insane as his face remained carefully blank. It wasn’t like Lore could blame him; hearing herself say the words “For seven days, every seven years, the gods walk on earth as mortals. If you can kill one, you become a new god and take their power and immortality, but you’ll be hunted in the next Agon as well” Lore is, in all honesty, one of the most irritating pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of reading in my life. In the beginning of the book she acts tough. She is tough. But the reader only gauges that because she's fighting in a ring against a boy and punches the shit out of him. This sample was very good and really just whetted my appetite for the rest of the book. I can’t wait to find out where the story goes. I just love Greek Mythology, add to that a fierce heroine and I am super excited. I definitely will snap this one up the first chance I get!

Because while my expectations were challenged, every twist was met with indifference. Things would happen, and all they would get from me was a slight raise of the eyebrows. For the life of me, I simply did not care. okay so thats all folks, i hope you enjoyed my review, because its kinda a mess. the bottom line is, if this book was on your most anticipated releases list, cross it off. or dont. who knows, maybe youll love it, but i definitely didnt. there were definitely times that the things that characters said felt so unnecessarily preachy. like there are quotes from this book that sound something straight out of a self help book. Ok, I don’t feel like putting the goodies on my blog SO under the Owlcrate picture I will put up a spoiler tag with all of the goodies and the book cover 😉 Castor Achilleos – of House Achilles, Lore’s best friend and fighting partner growing up, who had leukemia.Athena and Iro were also great side characters. They play an important part in the story and I loved reading abt them!

Mystery": There is a central mystery to this book that didn't feel like a mystery to me at all, because I had it figured out from the beginning. It only took one sentence (of course I won't say which) in one of the first chapters to lay the whole thing bare for me.Their interaction really rattles her. She has suspected that Castor was dead, so to have him just suddenly reappear was a lot to swallow. Verdad que todo suena absolutamente increíble? Creo que van a conocer a pocas personas en su vida que amen tanto la mitología griega y la hayan estudiado tanto como yo, pero algo sucedió con este libro y sencillamente no conecté con la historia ni con la forma en la que estaba narrada. Peor aún, más allá de Castor, ni siquiera me interesaban los personajes. Lore podría haberse muerto en las primeras páginas y a mí me hubiera dado absolutamente igual. Y creo que ese fue mi mayor problema, no puedo disfrutar un libro si no me importan los personajes. Honestamente, creo que lo acabé porque (además de que nunca dejo sin terminar un libro) quería saber cuál era la verdad detrás de todo lo que le había sucedido a Castor y cómo iba a terminar este Agon para él. I had no idea about the greek world before I read this book. So it came as a huge surprise and I enjoyed it<3 The legends were twisted and super fun! In fact, I do believe this is the kind of story specifically oriented towards a type of reader. Meaning: a young reader, kind of new to the genre - maybe even to reading in general -, is most likely to love the novelty of it in comparison with someone that was there when the first Hunger Games book was published.

OHHH man, this book guys .. this book .. it was really gruesome and bloody to the core, yet I enjoyed it ALOT :D, so excited that I am among the first who read this book

Se pare că browser-ul dvs. a dezactivat JavaScript.

I’m giving this a 4 stars 🌟 right now. I think I missed something. 🤔 There is a lot a lot of gruesome killing in the book for a YA book. But I still don’t see where Medusa actually came into the book through anyone 🤔. Brilliant cover though!

Now the new Agon is approaching in New York after 7 years later. Lora never healed after losing her parents at the previous one so she is adamant to fight against the descendants with all of her power. She cannot deal with more loses in her life.Lore' is set in the modern-day world where The Hunger Games meets Greek mythology. Every seven years, there is an event called the Agon, where nine gods and goddesses lose their immortality and are hunted for a week by the descendants of Greek heroes, as punishment for their betrayal to Zeus. The nine families hunt to kill, and by doing so, gain the power of the being they've cut down.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment