276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SteelSeries Apex 7 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – OLED Smart Display – USB Passthrough and Media Controls – Linear and Quiet – RGB Backlit (Red Switch)

£73.565£147.13Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However this is my first expensive keyboard, so I don’t know how it compares to similar high-end keyboards.

I like the idea of being able to adjust the keys and customize it. I never actually had any good keyboard before, or mechanical one for that matter. If I'm going to spend the money on a nice keyboard anyway, I wouldn't mind spending that extra money and get something even better. You can also join the official SteelSeries Discord to find other mechanical keyboard fans to chat with! You can now even monitor your system information like CPU, GPU, and RAM! To do this, just toggle on the "System Monitor" app in SteelSeries Engine. However, something about the keys feels off. Like the Apex Pro, the Apex 7's keys feel spongy and almost non-resistant. Naturally, you don't want to have to slam down a key every time you type a letter, but a little bit of resistance helps keep your fingers from flying across the keyboard too fast and accidentally pressing adjacent buttons. I tested the Apex 7 with Red switches, and felt like I had to slow down and really consider what I was typing, or else risk clumsy keystroke errors. Folks use the OLED display on their Apex 5, Apex 7, Apex Pro keyboards (and their TKL versions) for all kinds of reasons: adjusting settings, getting in-game alerts, viewing Discord messages, or just displaying custom gifs.I’m really happy with it, I think it is a great keyboard. It is very comfortable to use, it is easy to type on and the keys feel great. I’ve worked mostly from home during the last year, so I’ve used it a lot. I haven’t had a single problem with it and every key still works just fine. It feels like it is made from some really good materials and I can’t really see any wear from it, other than some dust. But it is easy to remove the keys so, I should be easy enough to clean. It is easy enough to customize the RGB as well, but the software could be better. If you love Discord but also have adult responsibilities that prevent you from staring at it all day, try the Discord GameSense app in the SteelSeries Engine. In addition to customizable RGB lighting effects, this app lets you see who's talking, direct messages, and other helpful info so you don't miss a thing. The OLED screen can do most of the same things, except it's a lot smaller and harder to navigate. As such, I'm not exactly sure what distinct benefits the screen confers. You can program macros on the fly, which is admittedly useful if you don't have a two-monitor setup — but there are also keyboard shortcuts that let you do the same thing. and of course, our favorite part of any OLED is making it our own. To add your own GIF follow these steps:

Qualitative feel aside, it wasn't too bad for typing. With my standard Logitech G613, I scored 117 words per minute with seven errors, while with the Apex 7, I reached 115 wpm with 5 errors, not a substantial difference. FeaturesEach OLED screen is your own integrated command center, displaying useful information for adjusting settings, changing profiles, and seeing on-the-fly updates. Avoid tabbing out of what you're doing, and instead let your keyboard, headset, or mouse show you the important details. If I were to mention a few things. I haven’t really found the key sensitivity that useful. I played around with it a few times, but I just ended up using the same sensitivity for all the keys. I mostly play single player games, but maybe it would be useful if you play some FPS and need different sensitivity for some of the keys. I've had a few people ask me about the keyboard and whether I feel like I made the right decision. So I thought I would update my post, after having used the Apex Pro for almost two years. So I'm looking to buy one of the new Steelseries keyboards, but I don't know which one. Does anyone have experience with the 7 and Pro version, and can tell me, if they think the Pro version is worth the money over the Apex 7? But now you can also view your PC's system information right on your keyboard, which is incredibly helpful when you're in the middle of a game or anything else that you don't want to control+alt+delete away from.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment