276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Staying Close: Stopping the Natural Drift Toward Isolation in Marriage

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Franchise History: Lorraine appears in the series and the book, but she’s introduced in an approximately 90 percent creepier way in the TV show. Both should be compelling stories but the worst adaptations are the ones that are slavishly devoted to the text. I feel like the author can make anything interesting, can make even a lactose intolerant get addicted to milkshakes without any regrets. When it appears that this may be more than just a case of two missing men, when the death-toll rises and the solution appears no clearer than it was in the past, lives, sanity and happiness may fall victim to a very clever and manipulative mind. Ron Rash is renowned for his writing about Appalachia, but his latest book, The Caretaker, begins ...

Stay Close | Netflix Official Site Watch Stay Close | Netflix Official Site

This is one audiobook that I absolutely do NOT recommend. I think the instructions to the narrator were "try to sound cool" which I guess was interpreted as try to sound bored. Even the exciting portions of the book were read off in this sing song kind of way. Fletcher, Alex (4 February 2021). "If you liked Harlan Coben's The Stranger, you will love Stay Close". BT TV. Archived from the original on 28 February 2021 . Retrieved 28 February 2021. This book is about three people with huge secrets that no one knows or would suspect. Megan is a soccer mom with a secret wild past. Ray was once talented documentary photographer, but now poses as a paparazzo. Lastly Detective Broome with an obsession to a cold case. As the drama goes on, it is discovered that they are tied together by the events of a terrible incident and dragging their loved ones into that world as well as the mystery starts to unravel. What happened that night that would change the lives of so many people? That's the question of this novel. All twists and surprises revolve around what happened that night, so while the plot twists and turns throughout, all events point toward that night 17 years ago.We have the usual mix of damaged characters, who are never quite what they seem, and an ending that I simply didn’t see coming at all. To be a Stay Close fan is to juggle a lot of questions at once as the mystery unravels around two missing-person cases in a seaside British town. But if you’re here, that means you’re ready for some answers — so expect some massive spoilers ahead. The first mystery is the disappearance of Carlton Flynn, the son of wealthy (and shady) businessman Del Flynn (Ross Boatman). Detective Michael Broome (James Nesbitt) realizes the investigation into Carlton’s whereabouts shares a suspicious number of similarities with the cold case of Stewart Green (Rod Hunt), another rich man who disappeared on the same day 17 years earlier. Carlton and Stewart were both last seen near Vipers, a nightclub outside of town.

Stay Close by Harlan Coben | Goodreads

The Character: Megan has spent the past 17 years rebuilding her life: a husband-to-be, kids, a nice house. But when a man with potential ties to another missing-person case from — you guessed it —17 years ago disappears, her shiny new life begins to unravel. The Performer: Jumbo is a TV vet, having appeared in programs like Getting On, The Beast Must Die, The Good Wife and The Good Fight. After reading Fool Me Once, I held high standards for this author and felt that even his previous books too are equally good. Although the plot is pretty tight but the anticipation of the whodunit felt pretty weak. And sadly, this book has failed to intrigue or thrill me in any way possible. Nevertheless, the story line is captivating and the rush of the mystery kept me engaged pretty much the entire length of this novel. For me, this was a satisfying read but not too satisfying for my gray matter, as the challenges and the twists come undone halfway through the story line. Grater, Tom (28 October 2020). "Cush Jumbo, James Nesbitt & Richard Armitage To Star In Harlan Coben Adaptation 'Stay Close' For Netflix & 'The Stranger' Producer Red". Deadline. Archived from the original on 1 November 2020 . Retrieved 28 February 2021. Scott Shane's outstanding work Flee North tells the little-known tale of an unlikely partnership ...I don’t think that I have read a Harlen Coben before, although I may be wrong, but I am going to make an effort to read more of him, not because I particularly enjoyed this one, I didn’t, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is not him at his best.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment