276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Smirnoff White Plain Vodka

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rounding out today's available Smirnoff Sours flavors is Sours berry lemon, which is only slightly less offensive to the tastebuds than the Sours green apple and Sours watermelon varieties. The striking, crisp white bottle of Smirnoff White reflects the crystalline formations found in the purest arctic ice and highlights the quality credentials which are the hallmarks of this new vodka,” says Diageo. SMIRNOFF WHITE is inspired by the innovative nature and inventive spirit of founding father, Vladimir Smirnoff, who was determined to shake up the world of vodka in his quest for perfection. Neither the nationalisation of his successful vodka business nor a revolution that forced him and his family to leave Russia made him waiver in his commitment to innovation. He rebuilt his business founded on pioneering principles which, today, have inspired the brand and the creation of SMIRNOFF WHITE. Freeze filtered at -6°C and passed through modern charcoal filters, Smirnoff White signifies a true revolution in Smirnoff’s distillation process, designed to deliver an exceptionally smooth flavour,” says parent company, Diageo. For most people, when choosing vodka, what it is made from and where is not as high a consideration as ‘does it make delicious drinks, and are all my friends going to enjoy it?’,” he says, adding that Smirnoff’s Russian heritage is also “not very important”. This was alluded to in Smirnoff’s memorable pop at US president Donald Trump last year when posters appeared with the words: “Made in America. But we’d be happy to talk about our ties to Russia under oath.”

Smirnoff Ice | Flavored Malt Beverages | Smirnoff Smirnoff Ice | Flavored Malt Beverages | Smirnoff

That fake grape flavor is a synthetic chemical that's a match for one found in Concord grapes. But, most Americans don't eat Concord grapes; they eat grapes that are grown in Chile or California, grapes that don't contain the same chemicals and which therefore don't taste the same, resulting in what we think of as a "fake" flavor. SMIRNOFF®, the world's leading premium vodka [ 1 ], today announced a pioneering new super-premium vodka - SMIRNOFF WHITE™ - available exclusively for travellers. This is a review of Smirnoff White vodka from the US. I sampled it in Germany in 2015. It’s clear, 41.3% alcohol, owned by Diageo, and I found it better than the original. At first, when I was wandering around in the duty-free shop, I was a bit sceptical of Smirnoff White vodka. I had tried Smirnoff Red Label #21 before and thought it was okay but not great. So why would this stuff be any better? The liquid has been freeze filtered at -6°C which results in an exceptionally smooth taste. Freeze filtration signifies a continuing revolution in SMIRNOFF'S distillation process - vodka is chilled to below freezing point and passed through state-of-the-art charcoal filters resulting in an exceptionally smooth vodka.Smirnoff White is a high-quality vodka that was initially produced for duty free shops only. The rare super-premium spirit is freeze filtered at -6°C. In a second filtration process, the vodka is filtered another time through coal. Like that, Smirnoff White presents a perfectly smooth character and a very balanced taste. Have you noticed the weird alcohol content of 41,3% in this? I don’t know what’s up with that, but the taste was astonishingly smooth. Smirnoff White vodka went down very gently, and it had an almost sweet note to it. The aftertaste was good, too. It just didn’t seem to be just as aromatic as I would have liked it to be. There was something cool about it. And by cool I mean cold. Having been born in Russia, Smirnoff has reigned supreme in the US for decades. Now it must face the challenges the future poses. According to IWSR’s Top 50 international spirits brands list (2012), Smirnoff sells more than 1m cases in five different countries spanning four different regions. Diageo unveiled the new product at the recent IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas, where it told travel retail journalists that the introduction of Smirnoff White will be its largest vodka launch in travel retail to date, in line with the Diageo Global Travel team’s wider premiumisation strategy. A global rollout of Smirnoff White in the channel will be supported by numerous high-impact activations.

Smirnoff - Wikipedia

The Smirnoff green apple is just slightly smoother than the Smirnoff Sours green apple — smooth enough that you can enjoy it alone with soda, rather than resorting to chilled shots only. However, that smoothness isn't great enough to redeem the flavor very much, which is why it only ranks just above Smirnoff's Sours series. In the end I figured I might as well give it a try. After all, it was supposed to be freeze-filtered (hence the name Smirnoff White vodka). Also, it was on sale. Smirnoff White vodka is better than the original The US was undergoing “rapid suburbanisation with the rise of white-collar jobs”, explains Atkinson, and consumers embraced vodka as a clean, modern, sophisticated spirit. Vodka was the American dream in a bottle, and its leading brand had a powerful ally on the silver screen. Smirnoff was there for Sean Connery’s first appearance in Dr. No in 1962 and a string of other Bond movies – and for that critical moment when he needs another vodka Martini “shaken, not shtirred”. By the mid-­1970s, Smirnoff had become America’s top­-selling spirit, only to be eclipsed by Bacardi for the next 30 years. Beyond lay the rest of the world, and “one of the reasons why Smirnoff has been so successful”, says Atkinson, “is that we have invested in local production in all the key markets. That has enabled us to live up to that original brand DNA of being for everybody because it means we can get to a price point that makes us a mass-market proposition.” The brand is produced in 16 countries, including the Philippines, India, Latvia and Kenya to the original 1864 recipe, according to Atkinson, though he admits the grain from which the spirit is distilled does vary. Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan's, Windsor and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.The original vision behind the brand was to take the highest­-quality vodka the Czars had access to and bring it to the masses,” says Luke Atkinson, global vice-­president, Smirnoff communications. Satisfying the mainstream is what Smirnoff is all about, as exemplified in the 2014 ‘Exclusivity for everybody’ campaign. As Dan Kleinman, the then US brand director, put it: “Smirnoff was created to be enjoyed by everyone, from Czars and Hollywood stars to you and your friends in the bar down the street.” Smirnoff, ranked 4th in IWSR’s Real 100 Spirits list, is launching a ‘pioneering’ new vodka variant – Smirnoff White – a super-premium vodka with an ABV of 41.3% that will soon be available exclusively to travellers. I paid around 20€/700ml, so the price was pretty good, especially for something you would get at an airport. Another thing that I liked was the bottle design. It felt like a welcome break from all the frosted glass bottles that you would get in the luxury vodka market. Grey Goose, Snow Queen, and Belvedere come to mind.

Smirnoff Vodka | The World’s No. 1 Vodka

And, just like with Smirnoff's green apple option, you can get the pink lemonade Smirnoff flavor as a Smirnoff Ice drink, too. That means no mixing and a lower ABV. It is inspired by the innovative nature and inventive spirit of Vladimir Smirnoff and his quest for perfection. Neither the nationalisation of his successful vodka business nor a revolution made him waiver in his commitment to innovation. He rebuilt his business founded on pioneering principles which, today, have inspired the brand and the creation of Smirnoff White.” Matthieu Comard, Vice President Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME), Western, said: “Global travellers deserve unique and bespoke options to augment their journeys and define them as travellers. Smirnoff White does just that. Building on the innovative principles of Vladimir Smirnoff, it sets a new benchmark in the quality standard of super-premium vodka and will create a new centre of gravity for Smirnoff in travel retail. The launch of Smirnoff White will raise the bar in the white spirits category in terms of the product, its presentation and the scale and quality of activation.” Steve White, Global Marketing Director of Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME), said: "SMIRNOFF WHITE is a truly exciting vodka which reflects the pioneering spirit of Vladimir Smirnoff. The innovative freeze filtration process guarantees an exceptionally smooth taste which will appeal to travellers the world over.The premium bottle will ensure stand-out on shelf and high impact retail theatre will capture the attention and imagination of travellers worldwide.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment