276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Making Faces

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This science-based, investment-worthy brand uses proprietary active ingredients to boost skin's natural rejuvenation process.

Kevyn Aucoin’s ‘Making Faces’ - The New York Times Kevyn Aucoin’s ‘Making Faces’ - The New York Times

Kevyn Aucoin also offers tidbits about his philosophy on makeup and charming stories of his life that relates to makeup. If you do nothing, you will be auto-enrolled in our premium digital monthly subscription plan and retain complete access for 65 € per month. Cher once recalled walking into beauty store Make Up For Ever with Aucoin: “It was like Brad Pitt walked in.”

Select Format

Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the “Settings & Account” section. What happens at the end of my trial? I tried to recreate one of Kevyn's looks on Lisa Marie Presley, which has always been one of my favourites. It's a far cry from anything he could do before he passed away, but I felt like sharing for the sake of the review. I should also note that the instructions regarding application are far from ample, but personally I skimmed over these parts. Aucoin made appearances on Good Morning America and The Oprah Winfrey Show. [17] He played as himself in an episode of Sex and the City called "The Real Me" (Season 4, Episode 2), doing Carrie Bradshaw's makeup for a fashion show during New York Fashion Week. In addition, he appeared with Cher in "Gypsies, Tramps, and Weed" (Season 3, Episode 7) of Will & Grace. Making Faces is the best book on make-up I have ever come across. Even though it was published in 1999, the make-up looks are very actual.

Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin | Goodreads Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin | Goodreads

You don't have permission to access "http://www.sephora.co.uk/p/Kevyn-Aucoin-Making-Faces-Soft-Cover-Book" on this server. A great book by an incredible and influential legend. It focuses on makeup photography and tutorials. This book is great for beginners who want to get a brief but informative look into the makeup industry.He was in a long-term relationship with Eric Sakas, who remained a close friend after their breakup. Sakas later became president and creative director of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty. [2] Aucoin was also one of the first makeup artists to champion diversity in the beauty industry, starting in 1983 when he was made a creative director at Revlon and pushed to create a line of foundations called The Nakeds. It was a revolutionary moment in makeup as the shades in this line catered to all skin tones, something that wasn’t the norm.

Why Kevyn Aucoin’s Book, ‘Making Faces,’ Is - Vogue

Kevyn Aucoin: A Beautiful Life—The Success, Struggles, and Beauty Secrets of a Legendary Makeup Artist was published in 2003 by Atria Books and Simon and Schuster. The book was edited by Kerry Diamond and reviewed Aucoin's career through celebrity interviews, his beauty tips and techniques, and over 250 photographs. [19] The second part includes detailed and illustrated step-by-step guides on how to achieve dozens of different make-up looks. From everyday and glamorous looks Kevyn Aucoin did on his friends, to the iconic looks of the 20th century: the Bombshell (Marilyn Monroe), the Flapper (Josephine Baker), the Gamine (Audrey Hepburn)... Read this in The Internet Archive. I'm sure the original coffee table book must be more impressive with larger and clearer pictures. But I'm glad I read it anyway. Kevin draws faces with expertise. I liked reading about his past as well and feel very proud that he survived his turbulent adolescence growing up as a closeted gay teen in a conservative small town. Now, he is one of the most notable makeup artists of our generation and seeing him live his truth and release such popular makeup products is very inspiring. The book would be a great introduction to beginners of makeup and fans of Aucoin. Entertainment Weekly Staff (October 10, 1997). "Fashion etc.: Inside Kevyn Aucoin's celebrity makeup book, 'Making Faces' ". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on May 16, 2020 . Retrieved May 16, 2020. Aucoin eventually found his birth parents, and was able to personally meet them and his half-siblings.Over the next three years, Aucoin did the makeup for 18 American Vogue covers as well as numerous covers for other fashion magazines, including Harper’s Bazaar and Cosmopolitan. In fact, between 1987 and 1989, he did nine Vogue covers in a row as well as seven Cosmopolitan covers. He was part of a movement that pushed fashion into the mainstream in the early 1990s, and it was Aucoin who changed the way high-profile models did their makeup, ultimately transforming Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista and Paulina Porizkova into supermodels and cultural icons. As a child, he was effeminate, loved Vogue magazine and all fashion magazines, blasted Barbra Streisand and was completely fascinated by makeup. He was relentlessly targeted by bullies for much of his childhood but, despite this adversity, his passion for makeup always prevailed. He borrowed makeup artist Way Bandy’s 1977 instruction manual entitled Designing Your Face: An Illustrated Guide to Cosmetics from the local public library (failing to ever return it), and increasingly saw physical transformation through makeup as his way out of small-town life, once saying: “If I could just make things look better, things would be better.” This was the first book on beauty I encountered that suggested to me that makeup can be used to express a feeling, a facet of yourself, an aspiration of who you wish to be in the moment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment