276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition 1: Volume 1 (Pokémon Adventures Collector's Edition)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When I saw they were re-releasing the series in a complied 10 volume collection I knew I had to jump in the bandwagon and buy the series to support it. Nevertheless, re-reading this series brought me a lot of joy and entertainment. The Pokemon Adventures manga is hybrid of its own spin to the Pokemon world but still borrowing some elements from the video game franchise. Red is a fun and likable main character and his bond with his Pokemon is very pleasant to see. He is very similar to Ash in many ways but very different at the same time. I mean, spoiler, he does win his big battle against Blue at the end of the series.

I will say that for this edition, one of the few complaints I'd have is that one or two things seem to be different than the individual editions were...I could've sworn there was a small section missing from the Articuno scene, which made it a bit disjointed, and one of the translations near the end doesn't entirely make sense. I believe it was trying to reference "With enough leverage you could move the earth," but instead it said you could change the world? On December 24, 2015, following the completion of the Ruby & Sapphire arc, Kurokawa announced they would start publishing the Gold, Silver & Crystal arc in omnibus format. [7] A boxed set containing the three volumes was released on November 15, 2018. [8] Cover saw the release of new collector’s edition manga formats, such as the Soul Eater Perfect Editions, and manga box sets, like the Tokyo Ghoul:re Complete Box Set and the reissuing of the Akira 35th Anniversary Manga Box Set. This year, a lot of continuing volumes are releasing along with new ones, including a Collector’s Edition of A Silent Voice, Fist of the North Star hardcovers, and a Season 1 Manga Box Set of The Quintessential Quintuplets, that are making 2021 yet another strong year for collectors. As with a lot of manga, a lot of content was lost in the effort to localize for English-speaking children. Some conversations lose steam due to puns that don't translate, some words (especially in the art) have their letters scrambled in strange ways, and of course the infamous "Surprise!" scene at Silph Co becomes nearly unintelligible as the writers try to skate around a character's risqué dialogue.In 2011, a series of omnibus releases were announced in Japan, collecting the Ruby & Sapphire arc. The arc was chosen due to its high popularity in Japan. These volumes were issued under Shogakukan's "My First WIDE" brand. On March 24, 2017, Kurokawa announced they would start publishing the FireRed & LeafGreen and Emerald arcs together as a series of four omnibus volumes. [17] A boxed set containing the four volumes was released on October 8, 2020. [18] Cover Then, Professor Oak sends Gold and Crystal to help rescue Red, Yellow, Blue and Green-who have all been turned to stone! It is really hard not to be biased when it comes to pokemon. I grew up with it, and it hits the nostalgia hard. I'll try to be bias free in the review. The Diamond & Pearl arc was released in a boxed set of four omnibus volumes on November 6, 2019. Each volume was released separately at a later date.

In 2014, Shogakukan announced that they would be releasing a new omnibus edition of the Ruby & Sapphire arc, in commemoration of the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The volumes were released under Shogakukan's "My First Series" brand, which are bargain-priced volumes sold only in Japanese convenience stores. A total of four volumes were released, beginning with volume one on October 24, 2014. On October 10, 2018, Kurokawa announced they would publish the HeartGold & SoulSilver arc as a single omnibus volume. [30] CoverOn top of the unique plot elements, the story and battles were a lot more intense compared to the game or anime. The animated adaption tends to sugarcoat everything and adds a lot of silliness to battles or other important situations. It can be hard to take things seriously at times. The manga has humor, but it’s more serious in my opinion. It’s still kid-friendly, but there is actually some blood shown! Additionally, a bunch of scenes showed the potential danger of Pokémon battles or Pokémon in general. There are moments where Red, other characters, or the Pokémon themselves could have possibly lost their lives. On October 25, 2022, Panini released a limited-edition boxed set of the X & Y arc. It consists of three omnibus volumes and includes six postcards with the original Japanese cover illustrations of the adapted mini-volumes. The release itself is limited to 2500 copies. While Red, Blue, and Green were the first three Pokémon games (the green one was released in Japan but you could get all of the monsters from just red and blue) to introduce many fans to the world of Pokémon and when the anime came out it became even more popular inspiring the remake of the original games into Pokémon Yellow which followed the anime more closely and took advantage of the (at the time) nifty new Gameboy Color screen. This manga, originally released in 1997, is based on the first set of Pokémon games and its main character Red. If you aren’t aware, Red inspired the creation of the well-known Ash Ketchum, the protagonist in the Pokémon anime. (And while we are on the subject, I want to point that, for the purpose of this review, whenever I mention the Pokémon anime, I am referring to the first few seasons. I haven’t watched the newer ones, so I am not sure how they compare.) The FireRed & LeafGreen and Emerald arcs were released together in a boxed set of four omnibus volumes on June 5, 2019. Each volume was released separately at a later date.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment