276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alderac Entertainment Group AEG7032 Space Base, Mixed Colours

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I avoided talking about the light-speed variant because I have no experience with it. I removed the option to play with it because I feared I would lose games due to a poor start out of my control (more so than usual).

Space Exploration Board Games - Board Game Halv 10 Best Space Exploration Board Games - Board Game Halv

The top title on the list of the best space exploration board games that is all about combat and area control strategy is Eclipse. You need to build up to be more powerful than your opponents and you need to conquer them. You are looking at a very macro level, moving many forces around the vastness of space, but also on a micro level, have to grow and support each and every piece of your civilization. Zatu games offer a good variety of products with a good discount selection and their delivery times are very fast.Now this is where the game is. When another player rolls their dice, you can greedily grab the red rewards from your flipped ships; allocating the dice the same way you would on your turn! So, Space Base immediately presents players with a simple choice; do you spread your empire out across all twelve spaces and constantly gain rewards, or do you monopolise in a couple of slots and tailor your engine to activate these slots as much as possible. The Elephant in the Room! The iconic sci-fi tv franchise is also an easy choice for the list of the best space exploration board games. The Battlestar Galactica board game is not just a big name slapped on a box, it is a great game that lives up to the hype. This is a traitor and hidden role game that has you explore and build with plenty of intensity and satisfaction. If I were to add to the different strategies on your list I'd include swap sector strategy, saving up for an expensive card early (like the 2 ship that buys extra cards or a tier 3 card like you said), and a similar rush strategy where you try to only put points on 1-6 blue side and save money after that.

Space Base Strategy Guide - Board Game Arena Space Base Strategy Guide - Board Game Arena

On a turn, you will perform two actions; roll the dice and collect the reward(s) and/or buy a card. Whoa now! Before you say anything! No, Space Base is not as random as the rules would have you believe, because you may choose how the dice are allocated. You can either choose to allocate the dice individually and activate two lesser cards, or keep them as a whole and gain the reward from a single, more powerful card.

Space Base Learn to Play

If this game ignites your imagination, then there are also some expansions that you’ll enjoy: Space Base: The Emergence of Shy Pluto and then Space Base: Command Station. Space Base is, and I don’t use this word often, fun. It delights in both colour and mechanisms which, while simple, offer big choices without the awkwardness of analysis paralysis. It sits proudly on my shelf, waiting for those magic four words – Let’s play something light. Closing Thoughts on Space Base Category Board Games Tags Alderac Entertainment Group, Golden Pear, Great For Two, John D. Clair, Zatu Gold Award SKU ZBG-AEG7032 Availability So far, we’ve held the spotlight on games of adventure and conquest. But space is big, and there’s room for games of economy and tableau-building as well. Not that Race for the Galaxy feels all that more sedate. The secret action-selection adds a vital layer of tension: will you be able to do what you need this round? Worse, will you accidentally enable another player to do what they need?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment