276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Home Strip X-Tex Textured Coating Remover 2.5L - Solvent Free Removal of Bonded Non Bonded Surfaces, Polytex, Artex Stripper, Paint, Wallpaper Remover

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Before you view the pricing, structure here is some basic information which will help you in understanding the costs surrounding the removal of asbestos Artex.

But once painted on and left for the optimal time, it’s an absolute pleasure to easily and quickly, scrape the Artex away. Once considered high fashion, Artex is a textured coating created using combs to form a repeating pattern of swirls, usually found on ceilings. I've got a scraper attachment for my multi-tool, so maybe if I try that after applying another coating of X-Tex that will work better than the manual scraper? Our request a quote feature is perfect for getting quotes – you post details about the job you want doing and we’ll send it out to local tradespeople in your area.Removing more recent asbestos free, textured coatings can still expose you to dangerous dust particles. We prepared the ceiling by using a floor scraper on a pole to scrape off the deepest ridges of Artex as this makes the X-Tex go further. X-Tex® allows the removal of textured coatings such as *Artex® without causing dust from harmful asbestos fibres.

There are no instructions about how to clean the brush after use but water and washing up liquid seemed to do the trick for me. It can be difficult to create a smooth surface and another option is to use wallpaper instead of plaster. did a room roughly 3mx3m - maybe a little smaller The tin says it can do 3 square metres and I have a little left over. Created with the user in mind, Biostrip Artex Remover uses specially designed water-based technology. Once done, just wrap the floor covering and artex® into a bag and dispose of at your local council recycling centre.English student living loans will once again rise by less than the rate of inflation, the Government has announced. If your building was built before 1992 then there is a probability that your Artex will or may have contained asbestos fibres. Asbestos textured or decorative coating starts in a dry powdered format and has asbestos fibres mixed with a plaster type bonding material. I am definitely in the ‘hate it’ club so when we bought a house where the ceilings and half of the walls are covered with it, we knew it had to be removed. I'm thinking of just removing the drop ceiling by cutting along with edges with my multi-tool as there isn't any Artex there, and then trying to remove the Artex when I've got the wood flat on the floor, which will probably be easier than having to reach overhead to do it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment