276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The GlenDronach Parliament Aged 21 Years Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a result retail prices have risen, sometimes quite dramatically. That’s partly due to pricing policy by the distillery, but also because retail outlets realised they could ask higher prices for GlenDronach that was bottled in certain years — a regretful side-effect of this article. Current State of GlenDronach To conclude the original article, I wrote “ Let’s just hope that in a couple of years, when they can finally release whiskies with accurate age statements, they are able to produce the same top quality as they do now.” That hope doesn’t seem to have come to fruition. Sure, some of the single cask releases are still top notch, but also priced pretty much out of everybody’s range. As far as the more affordable releases go: the latest Glendronach Cask Strength Batch #9 was underwhelming. This expression is intended to accompany the 2021 release of The King’s Man, the latest movie in the Kingsman series. The whisky is a blend of six barrels that were matured in Oloroso and PX casks that were hand selected by GlenDronach’s Master Distiller Dr. Rachel Barrie and Kingsman series director Matthew Vaughn.

Many a guffaw was heard in response, I’m sure. I don’t think said response helped Glendronach’s image amongst its supporters and single malt drinkers overall. Many of us are clued into the process of chill-filtration, and the thought of it being added to the whisky-making process now seemed baffling and confusing. What would happen to the quality of the liquid? We worried we were soon going to see something akin to a mass-market product, as common our supermarket shelves, from Glendronach. Pallet: muscular and dense, coffee Christmas cake, crystallised ginger rum again with ham, pepper coffee some wood and gentle herbal influence. With water regular ginger more mocha/coffee and ham.

Extra Information of Whiskey Misconduct In 2023 - Tasty Bites Journey on Scarce, High End Bourbon Drives American Scandals GlenDronach offers an exceptional range of whiskies, which for a long time have represented among the best values for sherried single malts. Prices have been steadily going up over the last few years; a reflection of increasing demand as the brand gets discovered and a more aggressive pricing strategy.

A mixture of Pedro Ximinez and Oloroso matured whisky, all of which have matured for a minimum of 21 years. Glendronach produce a heavy spirit, which develops lovely fruity notes after so many years in cask. Matured in a combination of the finest Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez sherry casks for a minimum of 21 years and bottled at 48% ABV, the ‘Parliament’ continues the great GlenDronach tradition of offering fruit-laden intensity in its single malts. This rich expression has been named ‘Parliament’ after the colony, or ‘parliament’, of rooks that have been nesting in the trees that overlook the GlenDronach distillery for almost 200 years. Palate: Golden syrup, soft, juicy raisins, tangy oak notes, peach, cherry blossom, cocoa and honeydew melon. Finish: Nice Soft old-book/cocoa in the throat, light spice and cola/plum/prune on the tongue. Soft-palate has some of that cherry. Some dry walnut in cheeks. The finish is long, creamy with a layered dried fruit sweetness, some licorice and a lingering pepperiness.By Cask Type Bourbon Cask (93) Cognac Cask (2) Cognac Finish (2) Mixed Maturation (127) Oak Cask (6) Port Cask (9) Port Finish (6) Red Wine Cask (6) Red Wine Finish (14) Rum Finish (11) Rye Cask (2) Sherry Cask (106) Sherry Finish (67) Virgin Oak Cask (10) Virgin Oak Finish (5) White Wine Finish (6) Amontillado Finish (3) Madeira Finish (4) Malaga Wine Finish (2) Moscatel Finish (2) Refill (5) Refill Peated (2) Wine Finish (4)

Glendronach has, in recent years, been increasingly recognised for the exceptional quality and value of its single malts. Its history has seen the distillery burn down and founder James Allardice declare bankruptcy, followed by a scattering of ownerships before the brand’s current stewardship under the Brown-Forman Corporation. Nose: Initially i got this very spicy note, complimented by that sherried jammy sweetness, that i have come to love in my GlenDronachs. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. However, if you’ve found a particular article valuable, you also have the option to make a direct donation to the writer, here: buy me a dram - you’d make their day. Thank you. After greatly enjoying the 15yo Revival (and to lesser extents the 8yo, 12yo, and 18yo), I looked forward to what the additional influence of PX (and 6 years) would have on GlenDronach.

As stated elsewhere, ths table and its accompanying calculations are inaccurate. Fact is that GlenDronach was mothballed in 1996 and reopened in May 2002, but it would be nice if the calculations had been properly verified. Glendronach also wouldn’t have bottled the Platinum as in my bottle 2014 with 16years, when it would be older. Wouldn’t make sense. Nose: great nose, with lots of elements that I generally associate with other beverages. Powerful but refined notes of sherry and lighter tones of sweet wine, rum and coffee, a bit bitter, dark chocolate and some slightly meaty tones, like cooked ham. Underlying are notes of chopped parsley, some fruity elements: oranges, figs and cherries, with a whiff of peaty smoke. Lastly, a strange hint of latex paint, but not unpleasant. Like all the GlenDronach expressions the whisky has an oily, viscous character with a pronounced palate weight.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment