276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Jazz Piano Book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As part of our series on how to learn jazz, we’ve pulled together more than 20 of the best books to help you study. We’ve taken a look inside, and the material is impressively detailed in its coverage of theory and technique. The heads are written out before the solos, so it is a useful resource for learning the repertoire as well. As a result, it is important for aspiring jazz musicians to spend time learning these tunes before taking them on onstage.

The Best Books to Learn Jazz | Music Theory, Piano, Saxophone The Best Books to Learn Jazz | Music Theory, Piano, Saxophone

It covers many complex theoretical concepts and provides essential information for becoming a well-versed jazz pianist.Gershwin was considered one of the best pianists of the 20th century, with his music considered to be the soundtrack to the optimistic world of early 20th-century America.

Jazz Piano Books For Beginners And Pros To Learn Play The Best Jazz Piano Books For Beginners And Pros To Learn Play

Over the course of many years of teaching jazz piano to people of varying levels of skill and experience, I have developed a keen appreciation of the practical needs of individual students. In the exam you perform three tunes, play scales and arpeggios and take quick study and aural tests. A substantial publication featuring 84 of the most well-known jazz standards, including Autumn in New York, Cry Me aRiver, Fly Me to the Moon, I'll Be Seeing You,and tonnes more. Instead, this book focuses on harmonisation and reharmonisation, or how to choose the chords to accompany a melody in the style of various masters. The transcriptions, written in bass clef, are on essential standards like ‘Body and Soul’, ‘Stardust’, ‘Confirmation’ and ‘All The Things You Are’.Chord/scale relationships, modes, broken chord and scale patterns, pentatonic and blues scales, walking bass lines, Latin rhythms and bass lines, II - V - I sequences, horizontal and vertical improvisation, tritone substitution, two-handed voicings, rootless voicings, technical exercises and fingering, accompaniment styles, ear-training. With step-by-step explanations and examples written out in all 12 keys, this may be more suitable for beginners than The Jazz Piano Book. As the title suggests, this is very much about harmony, so don’t expect much information on linear jazz improvising here: this is probably of most use to chordal instruments.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment