276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Open Circuits: The Inner Beauty of Electronic Components

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it will definitely be a ‘geek coffee table book’ for me, I would very much have appreciated it when I was 12 years old and first getting into electronics.”

I've just finished the early-access PDF, but will try to follow up when the print edition arrives.)One of the standout features of this book is the quality of the photography, which showcases the beauty and inner workings of electronic components with incredible detail and clarity. Stunningly beautiful . . . While the component images stand alone as works of art, authors Schlaepfer and Oskay pair the pictures with clear and informative text that adds to the reader's knowledge of the circuitry they are looking at. This book is sure to be a staple in many makers, educators, and engineers libraries." There are things that are invisible to our eyes, but which definitely have a vital importance in our world. Electricity is one of them and, if we think about it for a moment, it is something so essential that it is hard to imagine ourselves without it. In this opportunity, we present to you our collection of electrical circuits books in PDF format, which provides important information on this subject. What an awesome book! A rare breed of technical content that is appreciable by experts and novices alike." Inductors are fundamental electronic components that store energy in the form of a magnetic field. They’re used, for example, in some types of power supplies to convert between voltages by alternately storing and releasing energy. This energy-efficient design helps maximize the battery life of cellphones and other portable electronics.

Whether you're a builder or user of electronics, the cross-section images and detailed information on modern and legacy components will give you a new appreciation for the inner workings of these devices. This book made me fall in love with electronics all over again . . . Part history book, part coffee-table book, and part journey into the inner lives of the electronics, [ Open Circuits] is a fascinating journey through the history of electronics.” This book is a work of art in its own right, offering readers a close-up look at the intricate details of various circuit boards and components, including a detailed cross-section of popular electronic components. Stunningly beautiful . . . While the component images stand alone as works of art, authors Schlaepfer and Oskay pair the pictures with clear and informative text that adds to the reader’s knowledge of the circuitry they are looking at. This book is sure to be a staple in many makers, educators, and engineers libraries.” This is the coolest book I’ve seen in years. Fascinating look inside hundreds of circuits, switches, and mechanical electronic devices that I’ve never seen before.”This ended up on my radar while I was looking for nonfiction with a good combination of visuals and info. I don't actually know much about electronic components, so I was somewhat reluctant to take the plunge and get this, but then I spotted it on sale and snatched it up, and I'm glad I did. This is a visually stunning and highly informative book on the inner workings of electronic components.

However, despite this oversight, I mark this book as highly recommended and a resource for anyone interested in the inner beauty of electronic components. The only downside to this book is the omission of mechanical keyboards, which is a missed opportunity for those (like me) who are interested in learning about the inner workings of these devices - specifically I would have loved to see a switch cross-section. Inductors typically consist of a coil of insulated wire wrapped around a core of magnetic material like iron or ferrite, a ceramic filled with iron oxide. Current flowing around the core produces a magnetic field that acts as a sort of flywheel for current, smoothing out changes in the current as it flows through the inductor. As we have already mentioned we cannot see the Electrical circuits, but they are present in many elements and/or devices that depend on electricity to function. With these books of electrical circuits in PDF format you will have the opportunity to start the path of knowing extensively this subject that is studied in various careers and trades.

Success!

We can define electrical circuits as the connection that exists between two or more components that create a closed path or route through which electric current flows. Its fundamental purpose is to make the current perform its useful work, for example: to light a light bulb (luminous energy), to start an engine (mechanical energy) or a stove (thermal energy).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment