276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II

£0.5£1Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No matter what the right answer is, the lens is built very solid in most metal and some rubber (focus ring and zoom). I have previously tried the TC-20E II with this lens and after taking a few sample shots, I took it off immediately. Vignetting has been reduced at lower focal lengths, but at 200mm it is still quite noticeable when shot against a plain bright background.

Along with what others have said, I found that on a D3 body that the VRII produced significantly more in focus shots that the VRI when photographing action. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally. The Nikon 70-200mm lens is a professional-grade lens that was introduced by Nikon in early 80’s in a shape of 80-200mm f/2. Just for the fun of it, and because people often tell me that primes are sharper than zooms, I made a little test where I looked at the center and corner sharpness and contrast, to see which one came out on top: Although the 180mm AF may not be the sharpest lens Nikon has ever produced, it certainly is a good lens and the 70-200mm won the center sharpness stopped down, whereas the prime won when going wide open. Both lenses have a 9 blade diaphragm, both are coated with Nano Coated glass, both have Super Integrated Coating, AF-S motor and Internal Focusing.As you can see, the lens starts out very sharp at maximum aperture at the shortest focal lengths and its performance diminishes towards 200mm, particularly in the corners. Fujifilm's newest camera aims to bring modern AF, improved sensor stabilization and video recording technology into the medium format realm.

VR II seems to resolve more details in the center, but its sharpness falls off quickly in mid-frame and extreme corners. These capable cameras should be solid and well-built, have both the speed and focus to capture fast action and offer professional-level image quality. Next, it obviously has a simpler optical design with 20 elements in 14 groups, while the 70-200mm f/2. The former version of this lens and the successor has much less breathing, as does the f/4 version, so if you are into focus stacking or a videographer, then this could be an issue for you.So the Nikon faithful (and more importantly its professional user base) will be hoping that the new model can address these issues on full frame, without significantly compromising performance on the smaller sensor format. A lens collar would be nice on lightweight DSLR bodies, but if you are planning to use it with any of the semi-pro and pro bodies, then you do not have to worry about getting one – the lens relatively lightweight for the mount and it balances quite well. The build quality is appropriate for a professional workhorse lens, with a barrel that's made from magnesium alloy like the bodies of Nikon's pro-level DSLRs, and extensive sealing against dust and moisture. But with the shift to full-frame 'FX' sensors, its shortcomings towards the edge of the image field at longer focal lengths became somewhat exposed, with unusually soft corners even at small apertures, and heavy vignetting wide open. First off I know I’m reviving an old post, but I really love your stuff and the work you put into your review, as well as your thoughts.

In this article, we'll go over the basics of colorimetry so you can understand how we measure and plot color, and how colorimeters use this science to confirm your display's color accuracy. that has been eagerly awaited for some time now and is a complete redesign of this popular professional workhorse.

Peak Design's newest Camera Cubes allow you to turn any pack or bag into a camera-carrying accessory. In general the impression of build quality is that of a pro-level lens: A high quality metal/plastic construction combined with a weather sealed metal lens-mount, and nine rounded aperture blades. In many cases, you will be able to photograph without any visible flares in your images, but it all depends on the location, the angle of the light source, whether you have a filter attached and whether the front element of the lens is clean or not. Nikon also added the new Nano Crystal Coat to this lens, which is supposed to minimize ghosting and lens flare. Nikon's latest Z-mount lens is a 600mm you can handhold for hours for wildlife and sports photography or pack away for travel when you want to leave the monopod and tripod at home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment