276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Creator Tuk Tuk Set 40469

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think the reason it looks too big for "minifig scale" has a lot to do with the way minifigs themselves are articulated. A minifigure sitting in the seat of this doesn't look too bad, until you realize that instead of longer legs that bend at the knees, the minifigure's stumpy legs extend straight in front of them, suspended off the "floor" of the vehicle by almost half the length of their body! With the LEGO® Creator Expert branding replaced with 18+ sub-collections, the standard Creator theme has also seen a small change. Although there are still Creator 3-in-1 sets, the Creator brand is being used for more generic sets. Similar to the mini LEGO London Bus, there are a couple of new sets based on regional transportation. One of which is the Tuk Tuk, these iconic modes of transport whizz around the streets of India, where they are the most common method of getting around. But what is the colourful Creator version like? Here’s my review of the LEGO Creator Tuk Tuk. The Tuk Tuk is an odd little vehicle, there have been a couple of LEGO versions appear in a couple of sets, namely from Monkie Kid and The LEGO NINJAGO Movie themes. But this version is something different, for one it’s not Minifigure scale, it’s also a little more detailed than those featured as part of other sets. One thing I love about the set is its wild colour scheme. The blend of yellows, pinks, greens and blues, along with the orange and red studs lining the roof, results in an eye-catching build.

Admittedly, most of the Tuk Tuks you’ll find shooting around the streets of India, will not look as jazzy as this one. The fact the LEGO version features a fire extinguisher also seems to be a little farfetched if the way they are driven around is anything to go by. This unique looking vehicle is perfectly captured in LEGO form. Despite being a small set, it was a fun build and I really like the colours used. It’s clearly a great set for tourist locations, much like the mini London Bus being prevalent in the Leicester Square LEGO Store and Hamley’s. With India poised to be the next big toy market, this could signal the LEGO Group’s first push into a new region, similar to what’s happening in China. Regardless of this, I hope we see more little Creator sets similar to this. As they can fill the gap between the larger 18+ sets and multi buildable 3-in-1 sets. Overall I prefer the Taxi more, but that's simply because it is something I'm more interested in. I mean, a NYC-style taxi is a recognizable object that I can see myself putting in my city. This thing? I don't think I've ever even seen one in real life." Hey, what are you two doing here? This isn't even your theme! (Note: sloths not included in this set)

Lots of eye-catching colours are used in this build, which captures the essence of the tuk tuk, while also giving a sense of fun of what riding in one is like. Yeah it looks nice, but I think it looks a bit too big for the minifig scale (even though "minifig scale" is a vague and inconsistent concept).

This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. The second of the smaller vehicles released at the start of the year is 40469 Tuk Tuk. Unlike 40468 Yellow Taxi, this vehicle does look like it accommodates passengers, and is also strikingly colourful with some relatively new pieces. How does it compare to the Yellow Taxi? Let's take a closer look. This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy.

59 comments on this article

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment