276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Things We Left Behind: the heart-pounding new book from the bestselling author of Things We Never Got Over (Knockemout Series)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Knox growled theatrically from the living room and lunged on hands and knees. Two kids screamed and streaked down the hallway, three dogs yapping at their heels. Knox laughed, until he had to get to his feet. Bound by a shared past and the growing attraction they can’t ignore, Lucian and Sloane struggle to find common ground. Lucian’s protective instincts clash with his fear of endangering Sloane, leading him to make the difficult decision to cut her out of his life—twice. However, his choices come at a great cost as Sloane is left vulnerable to new threats. He’d rather live a life of solitude than put her in danger. But he learns the hard way that leaving her means leaving her unprotected from other threats. As my beautiful wife pointed out, if we’d done our job right, Caden would be a well-adjusted, productive adult who knew what he wanted. So far, her prediction appeared to be accurate. Even Emry, who was in the family room with his wife, Sacha, wearing a Hanukkah sweater and explaining the dreidel to Nash’s twins, assured me that they seemed like a happy, healthy couple. Castiel finds Jimmy's daughter Claire (guest star Kathyrn Love Newton) in a group home and she convinces him to break her out. After she runs away from him, Castiel calls Sam and Dean to help find her before she gets in trouble. Meanwhile, Crowley faces his biggest challenge yet.

If you haven’t figured it out by now, I absolutely floved TWLB. And everything about it. It will be a perpetual re-read. I will experience it again through the audiobook. I will recommend it to every reader friend I know. And even non-reader friends, because everyone needs to experience this book, this series, and this author. Lucian Rollins: A driven and revenge-seeking mogul, Lucian is determined to erase his father’s tarnished legacy. He is a complex character whose protective nature clashes with his reluctance to commit to a family. Christmas Eve was always chaos in our house. It was tradition that our family gathered here every year for an over-the-top holiday/anniversary dinner. Over the years, our family had grown considerably. Knox shook his head. “It’s a tough loss. She held up today after Luce here force fed her a burrito.”

She hopes to someday write from a sailboat, oceanfront condo, or tropical island with reliable Wi-Fi. It was clear from the moment we saw an interaction between Sloane and Lucian that there was something there. A title like Things We Left Behind implies much more than just something. When their argument escalates into foreplay, they realise they’re not entirely sorry they had that sensual one-night encounter. It seems hopeless to put out those fires after they have been stoked. These former foes-turned-lovers are at an impasse because Sloane wants to be married and have babies, while Lucian is completely against the idea. Let me know if there’s anything she needs,” I said, automatically distancing myself from the responsibility of looking after her.

Lucian Rollins is a lean, mean vengeance-seeking mogul. Determined to erase his abusive father’s mark on his family name, he spends every waking minute pulling strings and building his empire. The more money and power he gains, the safer he feels. I love long books when the writing and story are stellar but by 50% when Sloane and Lucian were still trading barbs I felt like it was long past time to move things along. Castiel once again wears a tie. This is the first time since he discarded Jimmy Novak's clothes in I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here that he has worn a tie. However, after he no longer needs it, he discards it again. We’re never too old,” my mother assured her emphatically, winking at me as she jiggled Amara on her hip. I was still getting used to this new, confident Mom. And she was still getting used to Lucian the family man. But we were making it work. Claire: You totally were. And now you're just... I don't know. Nicer. And kind of a doof. No offense.The story follows Sloane, a woman whose father recently passed away. His death has reminded Sloane that she is approaching forty without fulfilling her dreams of a family, and there aren't any prospects on the horizon. Though there are plenty of nice guys in town, the only one who makes her blood heat is Lucian, the bane of Sloane's existence. Now that their friends are coupled up, they've been spending more time together - and it's a constant reminder of the things that tore them apart. Sloane and Lucian have been guarding the secrets of their past for the last two decades, and now that's finally catching up with them. They can't stand to be in the same room together, but they can't seem to stay away from each other either, no matter how much they'd like to. Unfortunately, the death of Sloane's father has brought a few things to light... and Sloane will never be able to look at Lucian the same way again. I can’t wait to meet the woman who got Chloe to stop talking long enough to fall in love,” Karen said with a grin. You are always my business. You always have been and always will be. The only difference is now you know it”

Maeve just texted. Chloe and her girlfriend just arrived so they’ll be here in a few minutes,” Sloane reported. A twitch of fur caught my eye, and I spotted Meow Meow hidden behind the drapes in the front window.Sam and Dean take Castiel to a bar and buy him whiskey, trying to make him feel better. He then goes into how he never really knew his father, and asks Sam and Dean if they loved their father. They did, and Dean goes into a story of how he and Sam and John went to New York one time and enjoyed the sights of the city. Then Dean had sneaked away from them and went to CBGB where he got completely drunk for the first time, being way underage at the time. John then shows up, and when he says "Dean Winchester", everyone around Dean is suddenly afraid of him. Even a boy with a safety pin through his nose and a "Kill Everything" tattoo says to John, "Sorry, Sir". Dean yelled at him for embarrassing him and tells John he hates him. But John responds, "Son, you don't like me? That's fine. It's not my job to be liked. It's my job to raise you right." Sam and Dean agreeing that he did.

Think Sloane will be okay?” Nash asked. I crossed my arms and pretended I didn’t get that nagging little rush whenever someone mentioned her name in my presence. This is the second time he’s completely abandoned her. She will never give him another chance. He’ll have to improvise something to suit his needs. About The Author Lucy Score It had become yet another little tradition between just the two of us, sentimental gifts exchanged privately on our anniversary. This morning, I’d given Sloane hers, a custom-made dress by the same designer who had made her wedding gown. She was wearing it now, and every time I looked directly at her, my heart beat just a little faster.

Women can be broken by males. This is what Lucian thinks and has seen, and he isn’t willing to take a chance on Sloane because of it. He’d rather be alone than risk her safety. But he finds out the hard way that abandoning her leaves her vulnerable to additional dangers. This is a story about two people who were best friends as kids but then became bitter rivals. The initial chapters were written in a way that was too dramatic for my taste. However, I eventually came to care about Sloan and Lucian’s history together and their subsequent breakup. When things heat up, the tale really takes off. Lucian becomes the alpha male in his quest to defend Sloan from those who would harm her because of her work. The plot and the friendship group are both appealing. The best friends of Sloan and Lucian, who were the protagonists of the preceding volumes, are also couples. They’re the story’s confidantes and boosters, and they help keep things light.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment