276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Climbing Bible: Technical, physical and mental training for rock climbing: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Batteries are typically the single most expensive component in your build, so it’s important to choose the heart of your electrical system wisely. Shop Batteries I found the mental training section really valuable. It covers several different sections – motivation, confidence, fear of falling and dealing with failure, and gives practical advice on how to deal with anything you’re struggling with. There is a huge amount of stuff to work through and implement in your own climbing. Company information: BananaFingers, Unit 8 Whitehall Trading Estate, Gerrish Avenue, Bristol BS5 9DF, United Kingdom If you only have a couple of appliances and you want to keep things simple, an all-in-one solution such as a powerbank might be suitable for you. Shop Powerbanks

Early on, it’s easy to overlook how many solar panels you will need, but you could end up without enough space on your roof to effectively recharge your batteries. Shop Solar Although there are a few references to and photographs of outdoor climbing, the content relates primarily to indoor bouldering or climbing walls. It is a highly visual book, and depicting subtle movements through a sequence of still photos is a challenge which does not always come off. The images are well-staged but the colour is a bit lurid at times. The authors, as well as being strong climbers themselves, are both coaches at an international level, with a deep and long-gathered knowledge of the best training methods. Due to their 20 years of experience and research, the Climbing Bible: Practical Exercises is an extensive exercise library, and now it's all available to you. However, it is important to note that this book is intended as a companion to The Climbing Bible (English translation published 2020). As such it leaves out endurance, flexibility and the mental side of climbing. Instead, the three chapters focus on Technique, Strength & Power and Children/Youth respectively, providing exercises whereby you can train these aspects. It also means that the book frequently refers to the earlier book, saying "we explained XYZ in that book". Whilst this book does stand alone, I suspect it might work even better if used in conjunction with the other book. Fortunately Vertebrate offers a bundle which will allow you to do just that.The Climbing Bible: Practical Exercises by Martin Mobråten and Stian Christophersen is a collection of exercises specifically designed to help you train technique and strength so that you can develop and improve as a climber. After two decades of climbing, training and coaching, the authors have built up a huge library of exercises, and they share many of them with you in this book.

Each technique or power strength tip has detailed text but is often accompanied by a small caption box which summarises the point of the exercise and this works well to help reinforce and refresh the memory of why you are doing it if the book is used as the authors intend it to be, taken to the wall and thumbed through and used as you are actually climbing, something I have had limited opportunity to do so far because of the pandemic but which I hope to do in the future. Following their impressive book covering performance factors and climbing theory, “The Climbing Bible”, the Norwegian authors have produced a sequel, or rather an extension, which presents a series of illustrated practical exercises (the clue is in the title!). There are 3 main sections – Technique, Strength and Power, and Children and Youths. Sadly, there is no chapter for the old and decrepit. Despite this disappointment, there is a wealth of ideas to enhance your skills at the wall. The original book was written in Norwegian and published and 2018, and this English version was published in 2020, and the translation is excellent. More and more people around the world are discovering how great climbing is, both indoors and outdoors. The Climbing Bible by internationally renowned climbers and coaches Martin Mobråten and Stian Christophersen is a comprehensive guide to help you train effectively to become a better climber. The Strength and Power section compliments the technique section well, following the same procedure of breaking down exercises in detail and explaining the purpose for doing so as well as giving advice on how to progress through the levels of each exercises. For example how to gradually build up finger boarding strength or progress through the stages of developing the core strength to perform front-levers (whether I'll ever achieve this is another matter!).

Our kits include everything you need to fully install each aspect of your system. So whether you're retrofitting solar, or want a full kit for your entire system, we've got you covered. SHOP KITS Alongside the text there is a great number of photographs to supplement the text you so you cn really see in detail the techniques in detail. Also some great shots from around the world of climbers out and about good for building up your general psyche.

This is a useful, comprehensive resource that covers many aspects of a complex sport.’ – Vertical Life It’s an excellent book, and the exercises are oriented around the climbing wall - that is, both technique and strength/power exercises are built to be practised on the wall or using infrastructure found at the climbing gym (like fingerboards). I appreciate the emphasis on technique first, strength second.I was impressed by one interesting perspective from the authors, which may have potential applications to other areas of life: A very engaging foreword by Cecilie Skog will ring bells for many climbers who thought they were satisfied with their level of climbing until they realised how much more fun this game we play could be if they did some training. The authors have plenty of credentials to help, as climbers, coaches and physiotherapist, and the exercises are easy to understand and accessible. With exercise titles like ‘Baby Steps’, ‘Ninja Feet’ and in a nod to Johnny Dawes – ‘No Hands’ in the Footwork section, the book progresses to include the more advanced moves seen in World Cup and Olympic bouldering. All system accessories should be sized according to your system requirements to ensure your electrical system is safe, functional and cost effective. Shop Accessories

Campervan electrical systems can be confusing. There are so many options that it’s easy to spend days researching and still not feel confident. Our service makes off-grid energy simple. The name says it all, The Climbing Bible: Practical Exercises is a collection of exercises that have been collated to help you develop your climbing technique and strength. The Climbing Bible: Practical Exercises by Martin Mobråten and Stian Christophersen is a collection of exercises designed for developing technique and strength for climbing. It is illustrated with over 200 photos, and features insights from the authors and other top climbers. Also included is a section for children and young climbers. This is a highly comprehensive book that covers climbing techniques, training, injury prevention, and tactics. Personally, I would have preferred the author to delve deeper into the technique chapters, while being more concise in the training and tactic chapters. However, this is probably because I am new to climbing and have not yet begun my training. As a climber with 25+ years experience, it's all too easy to become complacent and forget about training and technique. Yet I still do! But it is such an integral part of being a climber, in some form we all need training and to do so without input is far more challenging. This comprehensive book covers so much in accessible detail, and best of all with loads of great photos to help visualisation.This is a very substantial book on the technical, physical and mental tactics to become a better climber. Really it is a collection of exercises intended to develop technique or strength/power in a climbing context. Each exercise is illustrated with multiple high quality photographs and a clear explanation both of the exercise and its purpose. There are also anecdotes and action photos from high performing Norwegian climbers for inspiration. The final chapter of the book is perhaps the most unique feature since it focuses on training for children, an area that has seen little attention in the books I've read on this topic to date. As a parent whose child has been encouraged to try climbing and who, thankfully, enjoys it this section obviously appealed as it has the potential to be really useful. As is emphasised at the start of the book keeping things fun is key and having tried some of the activities out with my child I was pleased with how she took to them, although many would have been more fun and engaging if she had been climbing with others her age rather than just her dad, but such is the state of things with the pandemic. She's still a little young to be focusing on the strength training the authors advocate is beneficial at all ages, but then she also enjoys gymnastics which I feel compliments the climbing and other activities she takes. More and more people around the world are discovering how great climbing is, both indoors and outdoors. The Climbing Bible by internationally renowned climbers and coaches Martin Mobråten and Stian Christophersen is a comprehensive guide to help you train effectively to become a better climber.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment