276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Italian Pantry: 10 Ingredients, 100 Recipes – Showcasing the Best of Italian Home Cooking

£14£28.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After living it Italy I discovered they also use type 0 flour for pizza bases but it's harder to come by and 00 does that job. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals, making them precious for vitality, growth and organic balance. In comparison to Jasmine or Basmati rice, Arborio has a high starch content which contributes to an extra creaminess of risotto. When I'm not cooking recipes for my blog, you can often find me making something really simple for lunch of dinner.

Guests can enjoy a round of golf at Parkstone Golf Club – one of the best-known and finest courses on the South Coast.Sfogliatella is a shell-shaped layered pastry, with a sweet custard-like filling made with semolina, ricotta, and candied citrus fruit. Please note that the Regional Tasting menu is created by Chef Theo to represent one particular Italian region with carefully selected unique products and wines. They’re great paired with dry Prosecco (actually the sweetest of all Prosecco types) – lovely if you’re planning a festive brunch. Along with onion and garlic, extra virgin olive oil is the basis of sauces in Italian cuisine and often replaces animal fats of butter or lard.

You can certainly have some Italian sausages and Salami of different kind to serve as appetizers, to add to other Italian meat recipes and for a quick meal or sandwich. On my blog, you'll find mostly vegan recipes that are easy to prepare, made with wholesome ingredients and approved by the meat-eaters. It goes without saying that dried pasta is a pantry essential for most people but especially if you love to cook Italian food.For something so small, they add big pungent flavor to sauces, condiments, and meat and vegetable dishes.

Anchovies (Acciughe) in oil are a delicacy when eaten over crostini lathered with unsalted butter, or used to give a little kick to any sauce, a chef’s secret to many dishes. Oregano: Used liberally in Italian cuisine (particularly pizza, spaghetti sauces and other tomato-based sauces), oregano is strongly aromatic and slightly bitter. And to make sure these easy Italian recipes are always available to me, there are several ingredients that I always keep in my pantry. Stay up tospeed on culture, travel, lifestyle, and current events, and get travel offers and savings reserved for our readers.The last thing I want is acidic, watery tasting tomatoes and believe me when I say that, bad tomatoes will ruin a dish! The book errs on the side of comfort food with warming oven baked dishes including aubergine and courgette lasagne and slow cooked chicken thighs with porcini mushrooms and marsala but there are lighter options too including a quinoa and charred vegetable salad. And of course we can’t forget the Gluten Free options too – you’ll find all the same delights made without wheat in our Gluten Free section.

Chili Flakes: (red pepper flakes): Chili flakes are something I use quite a lot to spice up sauces and add some heat. But if you are going to cook with olive oil, I suggest getting a bottle of Light or Extra-Light Olive Oil. On a warm summer evening, sitting here sipping an Aperol Spritz and enjoying the wonderful Mediterranean aromas, you can easy imagine you are in Italy itself! Theo Randall’s passion for food was born from regular family holidays across Europe and from a young age he was destined for a culinary future.

Rosemary: Popular in seasoning blends for meats and Mediterranean cuisines, rosemary has a distinctive pine-woody aroma and a fresh, bittersweet flavor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment