276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rage Against The Machine

£10.2£20.40Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And just a tip; the MASTERDISK in the runout is VERY faint. You'll have to clean the fingerprints off and hope there aren't too many hairline scuffs. I'm pretty certain the "A" variant is just a badly etched RL. It looks exactly like the etched RL we see on the other photo, just missing the tail of the L at the end of the etching.

Sonic wise - it sounds great but exactly like the European original CD, which is why I assume the same digital master were used for both. The master was of course made by Ludwig, but the cutting seem to be a straight transfer from the digital master. I think some people here may have got their wires crossed over this reissue? I dont think Vlado Meller had much to do with the sound on this issue...maybe just the digital? Btw, i hate most of what he lays his hands on.... The original vinyl pressing, mastered by Robert Ludwig, gets a lot of praise on this forum. Ludwig even cited it when asked in an interview about the three best sounding records he's (re)mastered.But it really boils down to what kind of hi fi system one has, as I remembered listening to the original when it first came out years ago, it was an ear bleeding experience.

Even the images are fuzzy on this. It’s fine and has a nice matte sleeve, but I wish it was a little better. Happy to report that's not the case at all. Someone else can pull the data, but it sounds REALLY dynamic to my ears. Also, I had to turn the volume up way past where I normally listen to get it loud. Seems like they mixed the overall volume lower to keep the dynamics. Anyway, this sounds great to me. It has nice resonating bass that goess really deep and i couldnt tell if this is analog or digital but would guess analog.One way or another, I also have the 20th anniversary press, and hearing that side by side with this, it’s like an entirely different album. The amount of detail, the soundstage, the dynamics - everything you want from a top notch record, it’s here. The bass guitar in particular sounds like it’s in the room. Bullet in the Head" recorded at Industrial Recording, North Hollywood, CA. The song was recorded before ever playing live. To add some more info, I have a first EU press. The etching on side A looks very much like the "A" from the second photo of the release. The strangely shaped A in the last photo of the release is also present, but on side 2.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment