276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Transformer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I honestly do not know how this lp could sound any better. Amazing sonics and quiet vinyl beginning to end. This is a properly manufactured record. This Speakers Corner LP was remastered using pure analogue components only, from the master tapes through to the cutting head. Matrix / Runout (Variant 8: Runout side B stamped, BPRS 7039 1 E A I AAP etched): BPRS 7039 1 E A I AAP The celebrity line-up was impressive, if a little predictable; Bono was in there as you'd expect, Tom Jones over-did his line, possibly sending himself on the way to his first aneurysm in the process, and David Bowie was there to sing his bit on his old bed buddy's tune. In fact, for those inquisitive enough, you can find the full cast here.

CD Player D/A Converter or Processor Disc Player / DSD-capable USB DAC Hi Res Audio Player iPod Audio Portable DAP (Digital Audio Player) Software• Furniture AAA 100%Analogue ThisLP was Remastered using Pure Analogue Components Onlyfrom the Master Tapes through to the Cutting Head It is well known that comparisons seldom get to the root of the matter, but in the case of Lou Reed, for example, they certainly reveal the unassuredness of those people who made them. Matrix / Runout (Variant 2: Runout side B stamped, BPRS 7039-1E A4AAAC etched): BPRS 7039 1E. BPRS 7039-1E A4AAACMatrix / Runout (Variant 7: Runout side B stamped, BRPS 7039-1E A7 AAJ etched): BPRS 7039 1E BRPS 7039-1E A7 AAJ Most baffling about Transformer is that it was Lou Reed actually caring about what people though for a second and trying to be something that he in fact was not. Even more interesting is that the person Reed was trying to become was David Bowie the man doing the production on the record. To take it a step further Lou Reed was actually Bowie's idol and the man he spent his whole career up to this point trying to sound, be, and often look like. Oh the irony never gets bitter with David Bowie. DVD & CD DVD 24/96 DVD Audio DVD Audio & CD DVD Audio/Video DVD Video DVD Video & CD HDAD 24/96 24/192 HRx Laser Disc SuperDisc Video• Reel to Reel

Some records are so unbelievably repulsive”, raged the magazine Rolling Stone, “that one would best like to take physical revenge on the artists who commit such offences.” Matrix / Runout (Runout, variant 2, side B, etched, [MPO logo] 18 31166 stamped): MPO 16-0321 NL B 889 8534 9031 Kr SST [MPO logo] 18 31166 This is one of the quietest pieces of vinyl I’ve heard. They’ve done an impressive job presenting the material. Matrix / Runout (Runout, variant 2, side A, etched, [MPO logo] 18 31162 stamped): MPO 16-0321 NL A 889 8534 9031 Kr SST [MPO logo] 18 31162 CD CD Box Sets CD with Damaged Case DXD Gold CD HDCD CD K2 HD CD Preowned CD Preowned Gold CD Preowned XRCD Sealed Out-of-Print CD Sealed Out-of-Print Gold CD UHQCD Ultra HD XRCD CD XRCD2 CD XRCD24 CD• DVDsLou’s record company, RCA, introduced him to another one of their recording artists, David Bowie, who was riding high with the success of ‘ The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars’. Bowie was a huge Velvets fan having covered ‘White Light/White Heat’ in his live shows and having paid tribute to the band on his album ‘ Hunky Dory’. The label suggested Bowie produce Lou’s new album and Bowie found the task daunting as he told Classic Albums, “I was petrified that he said, ‘Yes’, that he would like to work with me in a producer capacity. I had so many ideas and I felt so intimidated by my knowledge of the work he had already done…Lou had this great legacy of work.” inch Vinyl Record 140 / 150 Gram Vinyl Record 180 Gram Vinyl Record 200 Gram Vinyl Record 45 RPM Vinyl Record 7 inch Vinyl D2D Vinyl Record Low Serial Numbered Vinyl Record Multi-Format Box Sets Preowned Vinyl Record Sealed Out-of-Print Vinyl Record System Set Up Record UHQR Vinyl Record Vinyl LP Box Sets - New & Preowned Preowned Vinyl Box Sets Vinyl Box Sets Vinyl LP with Damaged Cover Vinyl Record Vinyl Record & CD Vinyl Record & DVD Vinyl Record, DVD & CD Vinyl Test Pressing Why then compare this highly original music mix with others, when it’s so much easier to hear this record for what it is - a truly cult album?

Matrix / Runout (Runout, variant 1, side B, etched, [MPO logo] 19 102517 stamped): 16-0321 NL B 889 8534 9031 [MPO logo] 19 102517 Kr SST There are lots of fail-safe vocal sections; "Swoop swoops" and "Ba ba ba ba baaaaas", "Doop do doops" and the classic rhyme, "You hit me with a flow-er, you do it ev'ry ow-er". Tubas parp and saxaphones tootle, and the whole record ends up sounding like a camp night out in the gay quarter, or, to be more accurate, the bi-curious quarter, of the city. Until recently I hadn't heard Transformer for the best part of eight years. Not because I didn't like it, or never owned a copy, but because I was too foolishly generous towards an ex-girlfriend of mine and gave her my CD copy. I shouldn't have let her have it, but I've not regretted it to the point that I felt moved to buy another copy. No, the absence of Transformer from my music collection served as a reminder that no one thinks any better of me just because I'm a nice guy. So it was until recently when I finally heard Transformer again after years of realising how foolish I had been. Hybrid SACDs Box For SACD Series Hybrid 3-Channel Stereo SACD Hybrid Mono SACD Hybrid Multichannel SACD Hybrid Multichannel SACD & DVD Video Hybrid SACD Hybrid Stereo SACD Preowned SACD SACD Box Set SHM Single Layer SACDs Single Layer SACDs Single Layer SACD Single Layer Stereo SACD• Vinyl Records Matrix / Runout (Variant 3: Runout side B stamped, BPRS 7039-1E A 7 A A C etched): BPRS 7039 1 E 7039-1E A 7 A A CNew York Telephone Conversation” is a cutesy poke at New York pop-sphere gossip and small talk, as if anyone possibly gave two shits about it in the first place. Elsewhere, "Perfect Day" earns the distinction of being among the least characteristic songs Reed ever wrote; while its power ballad production and melody are enjoyable on their own terms, the song feels trapped under his dry vocal delivery, and falls somewhat flat as a result. "Satellite of Love" is still the bizarrely affecting centerpiece, serving as a poignant reminder of Reed's underrated gift for melody, which often eclipsed the signature, visceral abrasiveness he's more often recognized for. And of course, there's "Walk on the Wild Side", the classic tale of NYC gender-bending that garnered Reed the only real commercial airplay of his career. Matrix / Runout (Runout, variant 3, side A, etched, MPO® 19 102516 stamped): 16-0321 NL A 889 8534 9031 MPO Kr SST MPO® 19 102516

Songs like 'Vicious''Walk On The Wild Side' and 'New York Telephone Conversation' are some of the more campy compositions in the Reed canon. But on the other hand 'Perfect Day' is one of the most angelic and profound writings from Reed giving the listener never a dull moment to an album that is constantly satisfying through and through.

Contributors

Ah, the fabled autumn of 1997. Remember it? It was only the second time in history where members of the pop aristocracy were caught out by misguidedly embracing a song that was originally written about heroin. The first time of course, being the butchering of Red Hot Chili Peppers' hit " Under the Bridge" by big lipped girl group All Saints. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment