276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Alcohol Experiment: How to Take Control of Your Drinking and Enjoy Being Sober for Good

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And so that initial mindset shift, I think is vital. And it just sets the stage for how much easier it can be if you can access a place where it’s like, okay, I don’t know for sure that my life will be miserable. I’m not entirely sure. Let me see how this might be and allowing that to be true for every first whether it’s that first happy hour, the first all-inclusive vacation, the first holiday, the first birthday, whatever the case is, but then I think we do need to do work, especially if we are in the group of people, which I think many of us are, who have used alcohol to self-medicate. And I think that work involves building a life you don’t want to escape from, for me, being alone, in my own mind, was a really terrible place to be. And before it was alcohol, I would just, you know, noise, whether it was always being social, or always being too busy, or putting everything I could on my plate or being a workaholic, or, you know, I mean, not even being able to get into a car without having like some something going, that was going to distract me usually a murder mystery on a, you know, book on CD at the time, or whatever the case was. Because being by myself, in my own mind, was not a safe place, it felt just full of landmines, it felt full of self-judgment, and self-loathing. And, you know, worry about everything that I could not control the entire world, all of my friends, everybody I’d loved. And so, it wasn’t a safe place to be. And so, if we’re medicating to escape our own minds to escape the narrative that’s happening in our own heads, we do have to work on that, because we might be able to put down the alcohol once we learned enough about it, but I promise we’ll switch to something else. We’ll go right into that next thing, whether the next thing is overworking or, you know, too much television or whatever that next thing is to distance us from us. And so, the work on that, I think is very important. And it doesn’t have to be overly difficult. You’ve tried to quit before (possibly many times) by using willpower. And it didn’t work - which makes you feel frustrated, weak, and defeated around alcohol.

The Alcohol Experiment™ - This Naked Mind

Don't think about what you're giving up. Think of what you're gaining. (I'm not giving up alcohol, I'm gaining a more fit body.) Mandy and Kate are British mums whose journeys to change their drinking brought them together in an online sober community. After several starts and stops, they each found freedom from alcohol after reading This Naked Mind. The two became fast friends and have now co-authored a book and work together to help other women stop drinking. Today, they share their stories with Annie - from ditching perfectionism to empowering motherhood with radical self-care to accepting themselves, and more. Well, so my last question for you is around, you know, I know you wrote This Naked Mind first, it actually came out four months before I quit drinking 6 years ago. So, it was absolutely one of the first books I ever read. And I thank you for that. And then you also do a lot of work, and you have a book around The Alcohol Experiment. And I’d love to hear from you. Are those meant for different audiences? Are you meant to read both of them? Like what’s, what’s the what’s the difference between the two and what can people get out of each one?

Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Concentration Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol by Ruby Warrington

Annie Grace - This Naked Mind Annie Grace - This Naked Mind

At 26, Annie Grace was the youngest Vice President in a multinational company’s history, and her drinking career began in earnest; by 35, she was in a global C-level marketing role, responsible for 28 countries. Drinking close to two bottles of wine a night became a ritual. Annie Grace’s professional success came at a personal price she no longer wanted to pay. She knew alcohol was no longer serving her. Yet, she didn’t want to suffer through life in a daily battle for sobriety, feeling deprived and constantly trying to avoid temptation. You can go a few days without alcohol but it feels miserable, like you’re being deprived of something important.I think, yeah, I think it is two phases. I think that’s really a really astute point. Because I think initially, you have to allow enough of a mindset shift to awaken, okay, maybe it’s gonna be okay. You know, because our experience no matter what is going to be our best guide, right? Even if you’ve quit drinking completely with willpower, and you might have to be four or five 610 years into it. I mean, this is legitimately true for people who’ve totally quit with pure willpower. Eventually your experiences will show you that life is tolerable without alcohol. And but if you have a mindset shift, you can go into it like life might not just be tolerable, but it might be Really fun. You have a love-hate relationship with alcohol - and find yourself setting limits and then breaking them and losing control when happy hour rolls around. Yeah, and I know so many women are familiar with your work but there are also some women who are entirely new to looking at their drinking their questions. They’re drinking or being worried about it. Can you talk a little bit about that third way your approach? Control Alcohol and Find Freedom with Annie Grace Annie Grace, the author of The Alcohol Experiment and This Naked Mind, has joined me on my 100th episode to shift your perspective on drinking so that you can gain control of alcohol and find freedom. So, if you’re interested in signing up for a free masterclass with me, please go to hellosomedaycoaching.com/class.

The Alcohol Experiment: A 30-day, Alcohol-Free Challenge to

The psychological, neurological, cultural, social and industry factors that influence our desire to drink Annie Grace welcomes Kelly this week to share her Naked Life story. Kelly shares her powerful journey of retreating from alcohol, shedding light on the intricate relationship between her drinking and her career as a flight attendant. She opens up to Annie Grace about how the pandemic unexpectedly intensified her drinking habits and reveals a pivotal moment when an episode of Red Table Talk served as the catalyst for her transformative journey away from alcohol. Annie and Kelly discuss how retreating from alcohol ultimately leads us to discover the truest form of ourselves. And so, I had a method, I’d show up, and I drink a pint of water, and then a glass of wine, and then a pint of water. And I remember even sometimes, knowing that I didn’t want to be the person who was drunk or making a fool of herself, because I was doing for my career, I would go into the bathroom and throw up that last glass of wine just to keep drinking, and keeping up with these people were twice my age, mostly men. And what happens is alcohol does what alcohol does. It didn’t matter – my history, or, you know, my genetics or anything like that. But over time, every way that I used to just cope with the realities of being human, from running to reading to all of these sorts of things, I just very slowly replaced them with a drink, I’d come home after a hard day of work. And I’d look at my running shoes, and I’d look at a bottle of wine and be like, Oh, that’s easier. You won’t be alone. Amazingly we’ve had over 1,100 people just like you already sign up for the beta test. In addition to the daily lessons I will be providing you, you’ll also have access to the private forum where you can talk with the other life scientists, ask questions, compare notes and offer advice. We’ll work together to see what is working and what still needs work. I don’t think anyone should ever go through this process alone! I’m not ready The other day, my doctor told me to stop drinking all together because of my issues with low stomach acid. Low stomach acid is pretty common for adults over the age of 60. And, my wine drinking was not helping matters. I would classify myself as a moderate drinker, so quitting was a bit tough for me the first 3 or 4 days. Then, it got easier. And, after reading this eye-opening book explaining the addiction and poisons of alcohol and the reaction of your own body chemistry - YIKES - I really had no clue. Gee, everyone around me drinks - can’t be that bad. Gee, it is that bad.

Success!

You’re looking forward to feeling great on a Saturday night and feeling even better on Sunday morning. Why life without alcohol is a journey towards finding more peace in yourself and choosing to live awake In this podcast, my goal is to teach you the tried and true secrets of creating and living a life you don’t want to escape from.

Alcohol Experiment With Annie Grace - Hello Someday Coaching The Alcohol Experiment With Annie Grace - Hello Someday Coaching

Why asking the question: “Do I have a problem?” is the wrong question to ask and which one to ask insteadWelcome to another episode of This Naked Mind podcast. In today's episode, we dive into a real-life coaching call from inside The PATH:365, a space where Annie Grace joins members for exclusive group coaching sessions. We all know that life doesn’t get paused while we figure out our relationships with alcohol. Learning how to cope with life while we work on ourselves can be challenging. This month, a member asks a crucial question: "What is the secret to balancing your needs in a relationship?" Annie Grace shares her wisdom on this vital topic, providing guidance, expert science, and real-world experience for those on the journey to living alcohol-free. In the latest episode of the This Naked Mind podcast, we’re offering an inside look at The PATH: 365’s monthly group coaching calls, led by Annie Grace. This week we're exploring the complexities of creating new alcohol-free relationships. Claiming our freedom from alcohol doesn't come without its own unique challenges and obstacles. We have to live the journey to uncover what we'll face on The PATH ahead of us. Welcome to the Hello Someday Podcast, the podcast for busy women who are ready to drink less and live more. I’m Casey McGuire Davidson, ex-red wine girl turned life coach helping women create lives they love without alcohol. But it wasn’t that long ago that I was anxious, overwhelmed, and drinking a bottle of wine and night to unwind. I thought that wine was the glue, holding my life together, helping me cope with my kids, my stressful job and my busy life. I didn’t realize that my love affair with drinking was making me more anxious and less able to manage my responsibilities. So, if you don’t know her already, Annie Grace is the author of This Naked Mind– Control Alcohol, Find Freedom, Discover Happiness and Change your Life and The Alcohol Experiment – A 30-Day Alcohol-Free Challenge To Interrupt Your Habits and Help You Take Control. She lives with her husband and three children in the Colorado mountains. And as Annie immersed herself in corporate life as the youngest Vice President in a multinational company at the age of 26. Her drinking career began in earnest at 35 in a global sea level Marketing role. She was responsible for Marketing in 28 countries. And she was drinking almost 2 bottles of wine a night, knowing she needed to change, but unwilling to submit to a life of deprivation, and stigma. Annie embarked on a journey to painlessly gain control of alcohol. And for her, that process resulted in no longer wanting to drink.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment