276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Strathmore 500 Mixed Media 190gsm Hardbound Book, 8.5 x 11 in, 32 Sheets, Ideal for Professionals & Students

£0.45£0.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

i’m looking for a mixed media sketchbook that i can use with gouache, watercolour, fine liner, and pencil. They also have sketchbooks in natural white, 50% cotton, 200gsm, landscape, square and portrait formats.

This beautiful sketchbook was created in a limited edition of 600 but I hope it will reappear, perhaps in the 200gsm Fabriano paper as well, as it is an extraordinary book suitable for our precious watercolour sketches and paintings. I have a pocket version that I've used as a portable notebook and I've used a number of the spiral 10" x 7 " landscape books with 50 sheets (100 pages). Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections—they may also appear in recommendations and other places. When I first began using the Moleskine Watercolour Notebook in 2009, I just loved the paper and the way that watercolour behaved on it.

As she works fast and I work slowly with more detail, our choices are different - I love 100% cotton and she prefers 25% cotton - so both opinions may be helpful in finding a sketchbook to suit your style and needs. It is acid free 200gsm weight paper and the A5 contains 30 sheets, which is 60 pages using front and back. Our shelves are full of creative supplies for mixed media, journaling, card making, arts and crafts of all kinds! This journal features archival paper that is excellent for watercolor, gouache, acrylic, graphite, pen and ink, colored pencil, marker, pastel and collage. Dick Blick Art Materials ®, Blick ®, Blick Studio ®, And Artists Pick Blick ® Are Registered Trademarks Of Dick Blick Holdings Inc.

These sketchbooks bothered me for a while as they have a very light grey natural linen fabric cover which I thought would be filthy in no time.They are toned paper but can be used with opaque watercolour, gouache and other more opaque mediums so I am including them here. The dark grey fabric hard cover is really nice to feel, and being a dark colour it resists dirt and is easy to wipe clean if it does get a spill. I have used many of them as my 'play' books, where I test colours, do quick sketches, create demonstrations while teaching, take notes and so on. One of two complaints I have are once when I worked an area a little to much, being an amateur I did not notice I dipped a watercolor pencil in water to draw directly on the paper, and I flattened and indented the paper. These are a good option but the paper in not identical on both sides which needs to be adjusted to when painting.

The natural white color and traditional cold press surface allows for fine and even washes, as well as lifting and scraping applications. Strathmore's Hardbound Art Journal offer artists more choices in a hardbound format, such as 500 Series mixed media paper, Smyth-sewn binding that allows the books to lay flat when open, and a lightly textured, matte, chocolate brown cover.This intermediate grade watercolor paper has a strong surface that is ideal for watercolor, gouache and acrylic. It can be painted light over dark and dark over light, it dries quickly, it remains water soluble after dry, and requires no solvents to clean up. Will take pencil crayon, light watercolour wash, some markers (bleed through expected) and maybe acrylics with gesso.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment