276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viski Crystal Negroni Tumblers Set of 2, Lead-Free Premium Crystal Glass, Stylish Lowball Cocktail Glasses, Cocktail Glass Gift Set, 8oz (237ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Isn't this the simplest recipe ever? Also, you'll need to add half a slice of orange (orange twist) or a small piece of orange peel and some ice cubes for the necessary dilution (and please, never use lemon instead of orange!) White Negroni: For a lighter, floral take, use Lillet Blanc instead of vermouth and Suze instead of Campari. Consequently, your Negroni deserves the right glass. We’ve searched far and wide and think these dishwasher-safe crystal tumblers are just about perfect. You could also use them for your best sipping mezcals, rums, and scotches—really, anything that you hope to savor is best enjoyed from these Crystal Negroni Glasses. The invention of the Negroni goes to a count named Camillo Negroni who wanted something stronger than his usual drink, a Mi-To, named after the twin cities of Milano and Torino, later named the Americano because Americans loved it so much during WW1. A Mi-To was made up of campari, vermouth, and soda. To make the drink stronger, he subbed out the zero ABV soda for gin, and just like that, magic was made. Classic Negroni recipe

Stir: Fill a mixing glass (like a pint glass) ¾ of the way up with ice. Add ¾-ounce each of gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth. Stir until very cold, then strain it into your serving glass. Tanqueray No. 10 (botanicals: juniper berries, coriander seeds, angelica, licorice, fresh white grapefruit, fresh lime, fresh orange and chamomile flowers). Bombay Sapphire (botanicals: juniper berries, coriander seeds, liquorice root, almonds, lemon peel, cassia bark, orris root, angelica root, cubeb berries, grains of paradise).Strain. Strain into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass filled with ice (use clear ice for the best look!). Campari: An Italian liqueur from a blend of herbs and fruits, including bitter orange, rhubarb, ginseng, and cascarilla bark. Campari gives the Negroni its signature bittersweet taste. The Negroni is so iconic, it’s spawned many variations over the years. The Boulevardier is a spin off on the Negroni using bourbon whiskey instead of gin. Even better, make it a Negroni Sbagliato, a bubbly version with sparkling wine! You can also swap out the Campari for Aperol. Here are a few well-known variations on the Negroni: Beefeater London Dry (botanicals: juniper, Seville orange peel, lemon peel, angelica root and seed, coriander seed, orris root, liquorice root and almond) . Garnish and serve. Use a knife to remove a 1-inch wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.

Good for all occasions, the Negroni is particularly well suited to warmer weather. Traditionally an aperitif, the Negroni is served up in a martini glass with a coil of fresh orange skin as a garnish, it’s an eye-catching drink with its vibrant red color delivered by the Campari. The balance between the astringent nature of Gin and the sweet flavor of the Campari is really interesting; in fact I find that there’s a slightly medicinal quality that draws me in. My wife has often described her addiction to the medicinal quality of Diet Coke and I think that’s what’s hooked me too.

Boulevardier

Serve: Optionally, add fresh ice. Squeeze a 1-inch wide orange peel over the glass to express its oils. Pinch and turn to make a twist and add to the drink as garnish. Cheers!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment