276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Earth: Over 4 Billion Years in the Making

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Combines the natural history of programmes such as David Attenborough’s Planet Earth with the planetary focus of Brian Cox’s Universe to show how their interconnectivity has created and sometimes almost obliterated life on Earth” - Guardian Caren has been a journalist specializing in TV for almost two decades and is a Senior Features Writer for TV Times, TV & Satellite Week and What’s On TV magazines and she also writes for What to Watch.

Earth The Secrets of Our Planet Revealed The Science of the Earth The Secrets of Our Planet Revealed

Recommended Reads about Race, Racism, and Demarginalizing History - Necessary Non-fiction You Should Read for Life-changing Insights and Impact He pauses. “Here’s a question: what would Sir David be like if he were my age? I’m a bit spiky, aren’t I? I’m a campaigner, a straight talker. I know we’re in deep, deep shit, and if people like me don’t stand up and say that, and try to instigate rapid change, all the science says we’re in trouble. So that’s part and parcel of my job. That hasn’t been his job. But if he were my age, would he be doing what I am doing? I’d like to think the answer is yes, because our passion for the natural world has almost complete commonality. We are driven by a desire to protect it, we love it, we think it’s beautiful, we understand its fragility.”Over the years, she has spent many a day in a muddy field or an on-set catering bus chatting to numerous stars on location including the likes of Olivia Colman, David Tennant, Suranne Jones, Jamie Dornan, Dame Judi Dench and Sir Derek Jacobi as well as Hollywood actors such as Glenn Close and Kiefer Sutherland. Traces some of the greatest eruptions, freezes and moments of sheer destruction in Earth's history ... A reminder that the planet is more indifferent to us than we care to admit' IFL Science Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the “Settings & Account” section. What happens at the end of my trial? What’s difficult to grasp is how somebody so withdrawn from the human world could make such a successful career for himself in television. In his early 20s, he worked as a camera assistant on nature documentaries such as The Living Planet. By his mid-20s, he was on The Really Wild Show. He looked so cool and confident – a peroxide-haired punk who seemed totally at ease with the world. “When I started TV, somebody said to me, ‘You can either be confident or not give a shit,’ so I think it’s not giving a shit. If we’re doing something like Springwatch, it’s not brain surgery; nobody ever dies because you messed something up on television. You’ve got to keep things in perspective. I try to do my job well, I try to maximise my professionalism. I work very hard at that. But I don’t take the overall thing seriously.”

Chris Packham: ‘I would lose my voice immediately if I went Chris Packham: ‘I would lose my voice immediately if I went

Many of the most fascinating parts of the natural world are beyond reach. This beautiful, informative book brings them up-close and within our grasp.

He stares down at the table as he talks, or glances to the side. He might not be able to look me in the eye, yet he’s one of the most disarmingly open people I’ve met. LoveReading exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. It’s not a climate change series but we draw comparisons. We look at previous climate change events millions of years ago, and the scientists now have the capacity to understand what it could mean to us. That should spur us into doing something. We went to Iceland to see volcanic regions, that was spectacular. I also liked the historical nature of a temple complex in Mexico, which was in a biosphere reserve with brilliant wildlife. Then in Chile, it's incredibly hot, dry and high and it parallels early hostile environments where species didn't only survive, they prospered.” Are there any similarities between Earth’s previous challenges and the ones we are facing now?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment