276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alan's Big, Scary Teeth

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A goofy comedy of self-discovery, witty, warm-hearted storytelling and bright graphic art will make this (and Alan!

The witty Jarvis ("Lazy Dave") makes all the right moves, drawing Alan's jungle world with his usual loose, jagged charm. The reformation of a bully is a familiar story, but Alan's version is nicely told, and the eventual outcome is especially enjoyable.An alligator who snaps, becomes an alligator who th-naps in this hilarious, heart-warming story of making new friends and discovering who you really are. An alligator who snaps , becomes an alligator who th-naps in this hilarious, heart-warming story of making new friends and discovering who you really are.

Jarvis ( Lazy Dave ) strikes a brisk, matter-of-fact tone that's spot-on for his overconfident, inconsiderate hero, and he ties up the loose ends of the story with a clever best-of-both-worlds twist. It’s a fantastic independent book seller that will actually be responsive and select appropriate books for you. There was just the right amount of choice to suit everyone without being overwhelming and I received comments from parents and staff about the quality of books offered compared to previous sales which have always been based around current crazes and well known celebrity authors. Jarvis studied graphic design and previously worked as both a record sleeve designer and an animation director before becoming a children's book illustrator. A hilarious, cautionary tale with a wonderful conclusion on kindness, this imaginative story will have kids in stitches.

Bronnie is so lovely with the boys and we also felt that having a man enthusing about the books set a great example. A goofy comedy of self-discovery now in baby-friendly board book format, warm-hearted storytelling and bright graphic art have made Alan’s Big, Scary Teeth an award-winning children’s favourite. Alan’s Big, Scary Teeth is a hilarious, heart-warming story of making new friends and discovering who you really are.

Love this - my baby is only 6 months old but the vivid illustrations capture his attention, the story and imagery is interesting enough that I don't get bored (which I admit can be a problem with me and baby books) and it's really fun for us to go through with him even now - I'm sure he'll continue to enjoy this on different levels as he grows up. Witty, charming, and playful storytelling will have preschoolers cheering for Alan as he discovers a new way to fit in. A dark tropical palette and a variety of paint and pencil techniques make this book busy, bold and beautiful. This experience has been fantastic primarily for the children, the school and also for me (professionally).Your words, like your reviews, bring books to life and give them a voice before the front cover is even turned. Jarvis is an illustrator and animator who has worked as both a record jacket designer and an animation director. A goofy comedy of self-discovery now in baby-friendly board book format, warm-hearted storytelling and bright graphic art have made Alan's Big, Scary Teeth an award-winning children's favourite. Your selection was perfect for our children and what really made the difference was your ability to engage with each child, discuss their interests and help them to choose a suitable book based on your extensive knowledge of the books you were selling.

I have even talked the head into a little revamp of the library so that we can display them properly! A jungly jaunt that’s sure to bring Alan-sized smiles to the faces of listeners (not to mention the occasional adult reader aloud) and I love those vibrant, energetic scenes and some of the small details are real giggle-inducers.This is a good title for primary collections and collections that need strong, artistic storytelling on their shelves. Instantly appealing, undeniably hilarious and totally brilliant – there’s really nothing that children won’t love here. This strong debut picture book will leave young listeners and librarians alike hungry for the author's next offering. I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books. But after a long day of scaring, Alan likes nothing better than to enjoy the crossword, run a warm mud bath, and take out his teeth, which nobody else knows are false.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment