276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Space Between Worlds: The riveting Sunday Times bestseller

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because while multiverse travel is possible, no one can visit a world in which their counterpart is still alive.

THE SPACE BETWEEN WORLDS | Kirkus Reviews THE SPACE BETWEEN WORLDS | Kirkus Reviews

But then Adam Bosch, our new Einstein and the founder of the institute that pays me, discovered a way to see into other universes. T/W: This story contains mentions of domestic and emotional abuse through past traumas experienced by our main character. The many difficult issues of privilege, race, sexuality, gender and class are handled wonderfully throughout.The World Between Worlds, also known as the Vergence Scatter, was a mystical plane within the Force that served as a collection of doors and pathways existing between time and space, linking all moments in time together. To start, both Jason and Daniela abandoned careers that might have soared, Jason as a physicist, Daniela as an artist. Now she has done the impossible, and landed herself a comfortable life on the lower levels of the wealthy and walled-off Wiley City. The Space Between Worlds is a story with multiverses and interdimensional travel, but it’s also the story of one survivor, her people, and her lives across the multiverse. Micaiah Johnson’s The Space Between Worlds is a science-fiction novel centered on Cara who travels to parallel universes.

The Space Between Worlds - Wikipedia

The Space Between Worlds centers on Cara, a young woman who works as a 'traverser', someone who is able to travel to an Earth in a parallel universe. The ending is lackluster and forgettable which is really a shame because I can already think of a stronger ending that would have been a cliffhanger that could have lead into another book. The universe erases me, but it also remakes me again and again, so there must be something worthwhile in this image. And yet, the worldbuilding here is maximumly awkward and lumbering, turning small differences into obscure and confusing concepts that were never fully explained. I also loved the spiritual aspect of how traversers believe it is Goddess Nyame who guides them across different universes, that it is she who they feel in that space between worlds.

Cara is trying to reconcile being from Ashtown, where things aren’t so shiny and promising, and working in Wiley City. This draws a lot into the themes and criticisms that Johnson makes as those with paler skin don't work and don't go outside, which draws a lot into the argument of colorism as the rich intentionally have paler, whiter skin, giving them more privilege and more power as they'll appear more conventionally beautiful to those in their society. She does this wonderfully when she notes that the advanced society she has built "needed trash people. Esther - could have had amazing character development because she was intriguing from the get go, Mr. Brooks places the epicenter of the Bigfoot war in a high-tech hideaway populated by the kind of people you might find in a Jurassic Park franchise: the schmo who doesn’t know how to do much of anything but tries anyway, the well-intentioned bleeding heart, the know-it-all intellectual who turns out to know the wrong things, the immigrant with a tough backstory and an instinct for survival.

The Intergalactic Intersections of “The Space Between Worlds” The Intergalactic Intersections of “The Space Between Worlds”

She then experienced a vision of the Siege of Mandalore, where Anakin remarked he wasn't at that battle. Friend of the band Drew Harakal adds extra sonic textures to the album with his organ and synth skills. The World Between Worlds was mentioned in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary.

It's a constant struggle for people of colour as we're constantly having to prove ourselves to white people to show that we're "good enough" when instead, that shouldn't need to happen at all, they should accept us just as we are without having to challenge our intelligence nor our integrity. Not about its success: The Space Between Worlds is ambitious and largely accomplishes what it sets out to do. Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet. Cara’s character is accessible, understandable in all the ways that she is wounded, angry, scared—and flawed.

The Space Between Worlds | Howling Giant The Space Between Worlds | Howling Giant

In a desolate post-apocalyptic future, narrator Cara is a “traverser” for the Eldridge Institute of Earth Zero, which has discovered 382 alternate worlds. I want to tell her that I'm not even sure I can die anymore, that I think my destiny is this: to watch every version of myself bleed on different ground until I am all that's left. At the same time, Dell covers for Cara, shows up for her, and tries in her own way to support her – and the Dells of other worlds have gone to bed with Cara.

This exciting debut is intelligently built, with clever characters, surprise twists, plenty of action, subtly detailed worlds, and a plot that highlights social and racial inequities in astute prose. Micaiah Johnson’s debut is a punk album, presenting a world where even our possibilities are colonized. As Cara finds out, people with power will go to enormous and terrible lengths to make sure that their power isn’t challenged: Nik Nik brutalizes her in various realities, while Bosch goes to even greater lengths.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment