276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]

£4.85£9.70Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not only in the thrill ride / metaphor sense discussed above, but also in the way it sets up future payoffs, like the location of the two space stations, Dr.

Shots of, or reflecting, the Earth are particularly gorgeous, with bold and bright colors across the entire spectrum. It's an excruciatingly tense, edge-of-your seat survival thriller with gobsmacking visuals, almost-never-ending suspense, and photo-realistic visual effects on top of a beautifully poetic metaphor for rebirth. I particularly like the fact muffled sounds can be heard through the suit from bumping into things and I remember seeing an interview with Thomas years ago where he mentioned this. mix goes to show that intelligent sound design can be much more effective at immersing a filmgoer in the onscreen action than simply bludgeoning them over and over again with overblown dynamics. There's even an interview with Don Kessler, the man whose Kessler Syndrome theory inspired the filmmakers to make the movie.

Made up of nine featurettes, running 107 minutes in total, it looks at the origins of the project; the unusual (but pivotal) role pre-viz played in the filmmaking process; the new technologies that had to be developed to shoot the live-action material; the challenges of recreating weightlessness in live-action and digital realms; the cast; the score; and much, much more.

The entire film ends up feeling so much like a long take that I began forcing myself to pay attention to when there would finally be cuts. The sound design on Gravity is also outstanding, eschewing the standard intentional cinematic ‘flourishes’ of most space-bound features – which almost universally rely on space sound to drive home the effect, even though there would be almost no sound – and instead relying on precision moments and a stunning score to drive the piece. If you want to watch Gravity in 3D then I have it and could run a Big Screen theatre for you to watch it one evening. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, as astronauts Ryan Stone and Matt Kowalski, deliver dreary performances that are, like the film itself, preoccupied with nailing the technicalities of their characters’ profession instead of convincingly presenting roles rich with inner conflicts. Stone (Bullock) is a rookie astronaut, unenthusiastic about life, which often lessens the need to care about her during moments of peril despite her issues.

Not everyone will love 'Gravity' -- some for its simplicity, some for the scientific compromises made -- and that's perfectly okay too. It is here where the filmmakers' "light box" really grounds the film, giving accurate iris movement and corneal reflections. Suffice to say, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney play two members of a space shuttle crew servicing the Hubble Space Telescope. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

I was so extravagantly impressed by the portrayal of the reality of zero gravity,” said Buzz Aldrin.It was a basic, high concept: throw a couple of stars in space, introduce them to peril and watch in hope that they will overcome adversity and make it back to earth, and in the skilful hands of director Alfonso Cuaron the idea became tantalising. Whether the transfer is dealing with largescale effects (such as the breathtaking 13-minute tracking shot that opens the film) or smaller moments (the curved light refracting off the glass as the camera moves inside Stone’s helmet in Chapter 2) image depth and dimensionality are both absolutely first-rate. Hell, it's even too early to talk about whether or not 'Gravity' will, or will not, attain some type of lasting cultural relevance. Collision Point: The Race to Clean Up Space (HD, 22:28 ) Ed Harris narrates this documentary about the millions of pieces of man-made debris currently orbiting the Earth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment