276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dark Places [Blu-ray] [2023]

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Legendary British stars Christopher Lee (Dracula Prince of Darkness, The Wicker Man, The Man with the Golden Gun), Joan Collins (Tales from the Crypt, The Stud, Dynasty) and Herbert Lom (The Phantom of the Opera, Mark of the Devil, Revenge of the Pink Panther) get together in a grisly tale of hidden loot in a haunted house. Foster and Marrs "trade places", sometimes as Hardy moves from room to room or even at times during simple camera pans. Bouncing around back and forth between the present story and the past, you'll be able to immediately tell where 'Dark Places' is going. Im sure this is the last early seventies film of this genre to get a blu ray release It’s certainly the last one for me to add to my collection!

With only days left before the court's files of his murder case are going to be destroyed by that state (wait -- you mean to tell me that the courts are going to destroy his physical files although we live in the digital era of document digitization?Label description: Legendary British stars Christopher Lee (Dracula Prince of Darkness, The Wicker Man, The Man with the Golden Gun), Joan Collins (Tales from the Crypt, The Stud, Dynasty) and Herbert Lom (The Phantom of the Opera, Mark of the Devil, Revenge of the Pink Panther) get together in a grisly tale of hidden loot in a haunted house. None of the characters have anything or much to like about them, however, perhaps that was intended. It all adds up to something that's worth a watch without ever being truly original or memorable enough to be outstanding in any way. Legendary British stars Christopher Lee, Joan Collins and Herbert Lom get together in a grisly tale of hidden loot in a haunted house. Now, twenty-five years later, Libby discovers shocking evidence that Ben may be innocent-and the real killer is still at large.

The film kicks off with a nighttime scene that carries the look and feel of night vision VHS footage.Obviously intended to be released in time to capitalise on the success of its predecessor, it ended up being buried in straight-to-video and on-demand after preview results probably scared the promoters into cutting their losses. Presented in the UK on a Region-B locked Blu-ray that boasts a likely faithful rendition of the movie with a 1080p/AVC-encoded High Definition transfer framed in the film’s original theatrical aspect ratio of 2.

One child survives, traumatised by what she witnessed and another child, the eldest boy, is accused of the killings and is found guilty and locked up.

timing may be just a bit on the blue side, but overall this is another "little" cult film that has arguably never looked better. It's only because of her empty bank account that she decides to play along and face the past that still haunts her. The plot dragged on and I got bored but I watched it to the end because I didn't want my preference for action, thrillers or suspense to cloud my judgement. The Dracula and Son and The Secret of the Red Orchid discs are Region A-locked, all others are region free. The story plays around with timeframes, throwing in plenty of teasing flashbacks to keep you on your toes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment