276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hating Game: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In short, it's basically everything you could possibly want out of a romance, with the added benefit of having so many cute and quirky details in it. I felt giddy with happiness reading this book, and I kept trying to prolong the experience because I know it's the author's only book...so far! I can't wait until the next one. <3 Hurry up, Thorne #2. I was torn between the two, but this is indeed a pretty accurate explanation of what was ratting in my head during this book. Si bien este no es el libro más hot and steamy que he leído en la vida, tuvo sus momentos espectaculares. Hola, ascensor. Y, más que eso, me fascinaron las escenas en las que se notaba cómo las defensas de los dos iban bajando y se acercaban más al otro. Todo lo que sucede cuando Lucy está enferma, los momentos en el campo de paintball y la debacle entera de la boda del hermano de Josh… ¡muy fan de todo eso! There's not really much to go into regarding the plot here, as you pretty much get the details you need from the synopsis, but this book is just what it sounds like, a book all about two people concentrating on winning "The Hating Game", a past time where they spend every free moment plotting on how to sabotage one another. Lucy and Joshua work together for a publishing house that consists of a merger between two very different CEOs, and as Lucy and Josh find themselves up for the same promotion, they are forced to declare all out war, and as the tension builds they discover that maybe they have been wrong about each other all along. Both love and hate are mirror versions of the same game - and you háve to win. Why? Your heart and your ego. Trust me, I should know.”

Sonja Rutherford, probably. That scary lady in the mailroom that looks like an albino Morticia Addams.” Everything seems to get worse between Lucy and Josh when they find out one of them will be the other boss. But the dynamic between them changes again with an earth shattering kiss. Ok, so this is the second time I've been disappointed by a contemporary romance audiobook that I loved when I read it. Wiseman, Andreas (May 16, 2019). "Lucy Hale & Robbie Amell To Star In Rom-Com 'The Hating Game' Adapted From Hit Novel, Mister Smith Boards". Deadline Hollywood . Retrieved November 11, 2020.The elevator scene. I don't get it. When you say two characters truly hate each other, I expect hate, but this wasn't it. It was nineteen percent in and they were already throwing lustful eyes at each other.

Now a film starring Lucy Hale and Austin Stowell, globally bestselling author Sally Thorne’s hilarious workplace comedy is all about the fine line between love and hate. But mostly I think this was a letdown. And these characters are mean to each other. And I think just are really really really into the idea of boning each other, more than they are in love. Also if you noticed, Lucy is ableist as well. She constantly uses the words "psycho" "mental" "crazy", etc. And in this passage she compares "scary-looking woman" with the fortune teller, so that clearly depicts how Lucy sees them. And then she uses ableist terms. What's new about these white romance novels tbh. I truly expected something else when I started this book, not all of these problematic quotes and words. I did expect it to be this white because there is not one POC in this book which it's weird because the worls IS NOT WHITE, PEOPLE. THE WORLD IS DIVERSE, IT HAS PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES. But white people like to think they are the only ones in the world to be honest. So in Lucy's work place there are only white people. They even describe the white skin of one of the coworkers like he has "silver-blond skin." That's such a weird term and it just shows me the heights people want to go to describe white people. Ok. The vehemence with which I hate tiny spritely Tinker Bell-esque romantic leads who ~just don’t know they’re beautiful~ has only grown in the last four years, as I have continued to be a tall girl who can only uphold a manic pixie dream façade for a few dates max.

Is The Hating Game on HBO Max?

The smut in this book is unparalleled in terms of me being able to read it without blushing and skipping to when it’s over (and I’m no prude - I just truly hate reading words including but not limited to girth / member / length / etc.). And I do have gushy heart-swell-y moments while reading it. I don’t know what’s gotten into me one day, I woke up normally, had an online course that I almost fell asleep to, then had some breakfast and as I was drinking my coffee I was like Hm, I think I might read something romance-y. in: Lucy has her first wet dream with and of Josh. She then spends every waking moment thinking of him, his muscles, his body against hers, and, well, you get the point. Re-read 9/27/18: Welp arcs of 99 Percent Mine dropped on Edelweiss so I HAD to re-read this and hi hello I still love these two jerks so damn much wow. I’m a puddle.

BuzzFeed Tasty Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place!

Diaries & Calendars

Did you know you can flag iffy content? Adjust limits for Violence & Scariness in your kid's entertainment guide. Get started Close Katy's review also talks a lot about the heroine's feelings of loneliness and failure, as well as the way a big argument between them is resolved: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... I feel so much affection for them both--it's one of those things where you come out so pleased that they found each other. Anyway, I'm not sure what to say about this that hasn't already been said. If you're looking for a fantastic romance novel that will keep you smiling throughout, this is the book for you. Directed by Peter Hutchings, the movie is a heartwarming story of love that fans of the romance-drama genre must not miss out on. Curious to learn more about it? We have got you covered.

The Hating Game is bursting at the seams with love (and hate) and heart‘ Christina Lauren, New York Times bestselling author of The Unhoneymooners The Hating Game gets all the praise in the world. I wanted to see what's up, why is this book so popular, why does everyone love it so much. I found out it had a hate/love relationship plus an enemies to lovers trope as well. I loved those ones so so much. In what ways do Lucy and Josh help each other? What do you think about the way the Templeton family treats Josh? Should parents only be proud of their kids if they pursue certain careers? Re-read 1/28/17: Yes, my re-read of this book happened only a few weeks after completing my original read because I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. This book is adorable and phenomenal. I will say however, this re-read was done mostly via audiobook and I will say I didn't enjoy it as much that way as I did by just reading the physical book. I feel like some of the tones and inflections that narrator uses don't quite match up with the Josh/Lucinda in my head. But other than that FLAWLESS AND ADORABLE. I adore this little book. I reread this (again) during a particularly stressful period, because I wanted to soothe myself. And I had finally watched the movie and wanted to envelope myself in the Lucy and Joshness again.

I love him so much it's like a thread piercing me. Punching holes. Dragging through. Stitching love into me. I'll never be able to untangle myself from this feeling. The color of love is surely this robin's-egg blue.” It’s rather hurtful to only be wanted for my body. I didn’t even get the date beforehand.” He looks down at our hands again. Because, you see, throughout all these little games they play with each other, you're given the sense that some twisted part of them both enjoy it. Lucy actively looks for ways to one-up Josh. Or to surprise a grin out of him. Josh, for his part, is obviously trying to get a different reaction from Lucy, and it's not really clear until things begin to change between them what this reaction is. Re-read 10/31/17: Was feeling a little gloomy so I decided to re-read this book for the 4th time this year and, again, it did NOT disappoint. This book is my everything. I can’t. Monday to Friday, he turns me into a scary-looking woman. I look like a g* fortune-teller screaming about your imminent death. A crazed lunatic in an asylum, seconds from clawing her own eyes out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment