276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Are Dead (Roy Grace, 11)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At first, to Roy Grace and his team, these two events seem totally unconnected. But then another young woman in Brighton goes missing and another body from the past surfaces. Meanwhile, an eminent London psychiatrist meets with a man who claims to know a piece of information about Logan. Later Roy Grace makes the chilling realization that this one thing is the key to both the past and the present . . . Brighton has its first serial killer in over eighty years. YOU ARE DEAD is the 11th novel in the wildly popular Detective Superintendent Roy Grace series. More than 16 million books sold. Sorry, let me just say that’s a lot of books. Readers and writers are always interested to learn about the journey. Has this series met your expectations? Or did you dream of even wilder success? Tell us about your writing aspirations before you made it big. Fallet var intressant, speciellt när det visade sig Logan, den försvunna kvinnan kan ha hamnat i klorna på en seriemördare. Frågan är om Roy och hans kollegor kan finna henne i livet och det verkar som om kidnapparen/mördaren inte är nöjd med att bara föra bort en kvinna då snart en annan kvinna blir kidnappad. vem är mördaren och vad är hans motiv? Kanske måste de söka sig tillbaka i tiden för att finna svaren. Kan liket vara svaret på deras gåta? In the early days I had years of rejection letters as an unpublished author. It was as if there was a wall, like a Berlin wall, on one side of which were the publishers and the published authors, and on the other side were all those desperate to be published authors–and never the twain should meet. I became hugely despondent in my mid-twenties, really believing that the dream I’d held since the age of eight, of being a published author, would never come true. I resigned myself to the fact that I would never be any good at writing novels, that I just did not have what it took.

Bestselling author Simon Toyne interviewed Peter James at Thrillerfest in 2015 as part of his continuing series of conversations with authors. Here is the Toyne/James’chat:The book does finish on a bit of a cliffhanger, so is not the read for you if you prefer everything to be wrapped up in neat parcels. I think the Roy Grace series is very enjoyable to read, the books are easy to read and interesting. What I find fascinating about this series is that Roy Grace's first wife Sandy disappeared several years ago. Roy is now remarried and has a young son. But he is still brooding over what happened with Sandy and in this book he might finally get the answer to the riddle. You’ve had a long and varied career, in film, TV, and writing. What was the “made-it” moment for this boy from Sussex? Or is it still to come? I keep reading this series because of the continuing links with his former wife, his relationship with Cleo and with his friend Glen Branson, now promoted to Inspector. The story lines have some similarity which does sometimes distract from the series. Overall there is sufficient for me to say three to four stars on the Goodreads scale. Dagger in the Library UK Crime Writers' Association award for an author's body of work in British libraries (UK) [10] shortlisted

I can’t not mention the fact that there are developments in the story of Sandy; Roy’s first wife who has been missing for 10 years and is now presumed dead with Roy now happily remarried to Cleo and the proud father of baby Noah. I can’t help feeling a little niggle of disappointment about how this was left at the end of this book and that little niggle is all to do with Roy’s behaviour.I have done nothing but think about this book ever since I finished it some two weeks ago. I have had a change of heart about Roy Grace, I now believe that the behaviour he exhibited was motivated by a desire to protect his wife, who was then in an emotionally fragile state. In his place, I am not sure I would have done anything different. I have upgraded my rating to 3 1/2 stars. The 11th Roy Grace novel is a very good, intriguing and gripping read for the most part. On one night a young woman is abducted and at the same time a decades old skeleton is unearthed. Is Roy correct in his hunches that the abduction and unearthed skeleton are linked? A lot of old faces are here in this tense read which really kept my interest to the end, wanting to know how it would all work out. My heart just went out to poor Norman, grieving for his fiancé Bella and working as hard as possible to try and keep himself busy. However, I have to say that I did realise who the culprit was pretty much as soon as he appeared and even what was going on behind the scenes, so to speak. If you read the book you will realise what I mean by that cryptic comment. On balance I would have liked to have been kept in the dark a bit longer and with an alternative suspect or two to keep my mind working. You depict the administrative aspects of police work with fascinating detail. You go beyond simple procedural and write convincingly about the internal politics, time off, press relations, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Can you talk a bit about the importance of these nuts and bolts and how they build verisimilitude?

I’m not sure where to start. Peter James is a bit of a Legend in my eyes. He is one of those authors that everybody knows; the man is most certainly one of my favourites. The one small problem I have, and have continued to have with the last few books is the ongoing storyline involving his missing wife Sandy. Now for people wanting to start the series from the beginning and haven’t yet got around to it, please don’t carry on reading my review because it will no doubt contain spoilers (this also applies to people who haven’t read the latest book as things mentioned in my review refer to those events, and I HATE a spoiler. A woman has turned up in a coma in Amsterdam who may or may not be Roy's missing and legally declared dead first wife; There is no apparent connection between the two crimes; but then another young woman, remarkably similar in appearance to the first, goes missing and another body from the past surfaces. The readers of You Are Dead will learn about the devastation when loved ones go missing for those left behind. Also, the readers of You Are Dead will learn about living in Brighton. Two of my highlights in the film world have been the Royal Premieres of two films I have been involved with. The first was Biggles, when we had Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and the second, Merchant of Venice, when again we had Prince Charles but this time Camilla Parker Bowles. Both ladies were equally charming.

Publication Order of The MatchUp Collection Books

At first, to Detective Superintendent Roy Grace and his team, these two events seem totally unconnected. But then another young woman in Brighton goes missing - and yet another body from the past surfaces. I never started out with a finite number of Roy Grace books in my head–and I never imagined, in my wildest dreams, the global success that Roy Grace would have. I love writing these books more than anything I have ever done in my life and just so long as my readers keep enjoying them and wanting more, I will continue. The success of these novels has totally astonished me, I never expected him to be this popular–and it is wonderful –I’m immensely grateful to all my readers and, of course, now I feel very protective of him! All Eight Roy Grace Novels by Peter James Now Available in e-Book Format in the United States". Prweb.com. 31 January 2013 . Retrieved 1 August 2013. Peter James was educated at Charterhouse, then at film school. He lived in North America for a number of years, working as a screenwriter and film producer before returning to England. His novels, including the Sunday Times number one bestselling Roy Grace series, have been translated into 36 languages, with worldwide sales of 15 million copies. Three books have been filmed. He has also written a short story collection, A Twist of the Knife. All his novels reflect his deep interest in the world of the police, with whom he does in-depth research, as well as his fascination with science, medicine and the paranormal. He has also produced numerous films, including The Merchant of Venice, starring Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons and Joseph Fiennes. He divides his time between his homes in Notting Hill, London, and near Brighton in Sussex. Well, that was quite the ride; I'm exhausted. The Sandy-named elephant in the room has still to come to adequate conclusion, yet that aspect didn't hang like a pall over this book because the story was just so exciting. Far-fetched but very exciting. Something new though, there is definitely a cliff-hanger element to the end of the investigation so we all know there is to be at least one more book starring Grace.

His father ran the business as well as an accountant. His sister Genevieve now runs the company along with her husband. He attended Charterhouse School and later attended Ravensbourne Film School. James spent a few years working in North America as a film producer and screenwriter. He got his start in 1970 on the Canadian children’s television show Polka Dot Door as an errand boy and later writer. He cofounded Movision Pictures in the nineties. The previous book was the first one I read in the Roy Grace series, and I found the book quite good. So good that I was really happy for the chance to read the sequel. You Are Dead begins with a woman who disappears without a trace from the car park below the apartment building where she lives. In another part of the town, the remains of a woman buried thirty years ago are discovered in a park. Nothing indicates that the cases have something in common. But, then another woman disappears and Roy starts to notice similarities between the victims, could the corpse have been the first victim of a serial killer? Roy Grace's wife, Chloe, is struggling with moving house and looking after baby Noah almost single handed;There is an element of violence, which is inevitable in a murder mystery but is just sufficient to keep the keenest fan reading on. This is a plus for a story that might otherwise have been a little dull. The scenes of Brighton and the surrounding areas are well described and many of the landscape features are just as they are described. I enjoyed You Are Dead and whilst I don't think it is one of the best in the series it is certainly an above average read. It starts with with two separate incidents, the discovery of skeletal remains buried under a footpath which was constructed 20 years ago and the potential abduction of a young woman, Logan Somerville. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say the two cases become linked and lead to the hunt for a serial killer. Roy Grace is a man whose life has not always been easy. With an ex-wife either dead or missing; a wife, Cleo; small son, and a new house, Grace struggles to keep work and personal life balanced. Just as he and Cleo start to settle into a new house, Grace is called in on a missing person’s case. Following lead after lead, Grace starts to suspect that this may be more than the case of a typical fleeing fiancé and begins to find similarities between killings from thirty years ago and recent murders he has seen around town. Young women in their late teens and early twenties are being kidnapped and killed, the words U R DEAD written on their decaying bodies. Your villains are sometimes victims of childhood abuse. Tell us a bit about damaged souls. Do you sympathize with your villains? Dead Man’s Time calls Roy Grace in once more. This time it’s for a burglary that has taken over a million pounds worth of loot. It has also left an elderly man who lives there dying. As Grace shows up on the scene, it’s clear that the family does not care so much about the valuables so much as one valuable in particular. They will do anything to get it. They don’t care about breaking the law and Grace is thrown into a hot pursuit that takes him through Europe and eventually all the way to New York.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment