276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samson SR850 Traditional Wired Headphones, Black m

£20£40.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The black Samson SR850 – Semi Open Back Studio Headphones, over-ear studio headphones offering smooth tone and a natural sound stage for recording engineers, mixers, musicians, and casual listeners. While I like the appearance of the SR850, it does sport a few design features which could be better. On the upside, the treble is airy and has good details which make the headphone interesting and clear.

SR850 | Samson

The black Samson SR850C are semi-open, over-ear studio headphones offering smooth tone and a natural soundstage for recording engineers, mixers, musicians, and casual listeners. The semi-open design of Samson SR850 provides an enhanced ambient listening environment, allowing appropriate bleed for better stereo imaging and a wider sound stage. Additionally, with their headband, you won’t be able to pack them and take them with you without risking potential damage.A budget-friendly set of semi-open headphones that you can depend on to provide you with the accuracy you need when working in a studio setting. i don't consider myself a basshead, i don't listen to EDM or Pop much, but some bass presence is appreciated. The HD681 have a similar semi-open back design, but are much more accurate in terms of sound quality than the SR850s. So this fault is more my preference, not necessarily a fault of the headphone for someone else who prefers non-cloth pads. i didnt rate it a five simply because you cant really assess value without comparison and i have no real headphone experience i can draw from i cant exactly say these are the best value .

Samson SR850 Studio Wired Over Ear Headphones Without Mic Samson SR850 Studio Wired Over Ear Headphones Without Mic

This makes the headphone not so ideal for travelling, especially if you plan to do lots of monitoring in public like in train or plane rides. They need a good amount of burn-in(200 or so hours) before they reach their full potential but they sound great out of the box. Also if you’re a beginner in music production or just someone looking for better sound with a limited budget, the Samson SR850 should be ideal for you. Headphones don’t have to cost an arm and a leg, and the SR850 from Samson is a perfect example of quality on a budget.The sound is detailed and exciting, giving you a great listening experience, whether you listen to music or play games.

Samson Semi Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones, Black

An elastic band on both earcups acts like a self-adjusting mechanism that extends when you pull it for a good fit. The SR850C headphones have thick velour earpads and a self-adjusting headband to ensure a secure and comfortable fit. The HD681 and SR950 are nice, but I spend very little time listening to them when the other two are available. It does everything very well and all that more expensive phones are going to do is refine on the base set down by the Samson.The frequency response isn’t the most even, but overall, they have a balanced sound signature with a bit of brightness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment