276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ravensburger Castles of Burgundy

£12.185£24.37Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It really is like a puzzle, but where you have specific aims – to complete a region, gain bonuses, finish your estate first and of course score points. There are no lost turns or dead ends; you can always achieve something every turn. You are very much in control of the game, and unlike with many other dice games there’s not too much randomness. The game is actually divided up into 5 phases, each of which will consist of 5 rounds. At the end of the 5th phase, the game is over and the winner is the one with the most victory points. Simple enough. Components: There’s a lot of game in the box. The expansions really are mini-expansions that only change small things in the core game, but they do add new hexes and mechanics. There are also so many double-sided player boards in the box that it’s impossible to create a strategy that would cover all of them. I’ve owned the original since it was released, and I still play it, and I still enjoy every game, regardless of it being two, three or four players. Speaking of player count… These tiles do not have an immediate effect when played. There are only ever three spaces for mines on a player’s board. At the end of each phase a player will receive one silverling for each mine in his estate. Beige building tiles

Next, perform your 2 dice actions as usual, with the same effects and victory point gains as in the base game, except for the following restrictions and changes: Each player uses their dice to take an action. The action taken must correspond to the number rolled on the die. For example, if a player rolls a one, they must take an action in an area marked with a one. Players can use their worker tiles to add or subtract one to their dice roll. This gives players more flexibility if they have not rolled the number they were seeking. Players can play multiple worker tiles on one dice roll. Actions When a player places an animal tile in their estate they are immediately awarded victory points. The points are calculated by looking at how many animals of the same type are in the same pasture (area of light green connected tiles) as the tile was just placed in.

The Castles of Burgundy is set in the Burgundy region of High Medieval France. Each player takes on the role of an aristocrat, originally controlling a small princedom. While playing, they aim to build settlements and powerful castles, practice trade along the river, exploit silver mines, and use the knowledge of travelers. Also, in 2019 an updated version was released The Castles of Burgundy which includes eight expansions, seven of which were previously released as promotional items and one new to this release.

I’ve heard some people saying that they don’t like the redesign, they don’t like the abundance of colour. I think it’s mostly purists who like the muted colours of the older Stefan Feld games like the original, or Notre Dame, so don’t let that put you off.A player then takes the five goods tiles for the current phase (A – E) and places them, face up, on the round spaces. These are the square spaces marked on the left side of the game board. Game Rounds

Points as shown on the yellow knowledge tiles. These points will vary dependent on which knowledge tiles a player has in their estate. For example some knowledge tiles are worth four points for each building of a specific type a player has in their estate. Another tile awards two points for each bonus tile claimed. The Special Edition of the Castles of Burgundy is beautifully made, with high end, quality feeling components that elevate gameplay to the next level. Even the rulebook itself has been printed with a linen feel for a premium gaming experience. Each set of acrylic tiles comes with its own printed drawstring bag to draw from which look really nice on the table. The player boards have insets for dice and tiles that make it very simple to play. A really wonderful addition was a frame overlay for your player area that holds the hex tiles in place and stops anything from slipping around- it’s a thoughtful addition that I really appreciate. In 2016 Ravensburger released Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game. [10] Ravensburger also released a "roll-and-write" version, The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game, in 2017. [11] In 2019 DIGIDICED developed versions for Steam, Android, and iOS. [12] Reception [ edit ]

The Castles of Burgundy is a classic for a reason. And yes, it is a classic, it must be, it says so in the rule book. Expectations these days are high. When people tear the shrink off of a new game, they’re expecting high-quality components, deep, interwoven mechanics, custom meeples, legacy envelopes, and all that jazz. So if you’re new to the hobby and you open Castles and see a few dice, a small board, thin player mats, and vast supply of tiny cardboard hexes, you could be forgiven for feeling underwhelmed. If a game is good though, it doesn’t matter, right? That begs the question: is The Castles of Burgundy still good?

Casey, Matt (2 October 2014). "Making better use of dice in games". BoingBoing . Retrieved 12 June 2017. Players can use the result of any die to obtain worker tiles. They simply trade in their die for two worker tiles from the supply. The central depot For example, the special building that allows you to take to pieces of silver actually has two silver turrets. It’s a brilliant idea as now I always know which building gives me two silver. After a few games, due to this brilliant bit of thinking, I no longer had to refer to the rulebook or hint cards to remember the function of each city tile. That’s A Lot Of Cardboard? Whenever you gain victory points, move your victory point counter that many spaces. In addition you may buy now further victory points. Each victory point costs 1 Silverling.castle, placed on the dark green center space. (When playing with the advanced board, each team can choose either the dark green 1-hex or the 6-hex.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment