276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sony IER-Z1R Signature Series in-Ear Headphones (IERZ1R),Black/Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In a nutshell, the unboxing experience is literally the equivalent of a jewelry box. Opening the top of the lid reveals a hard case that houses the 2 headshells within. Underneath that are literal magnetic trays that can slide out like drawers to reveal the other accesories, which are the 2 cables, balanced and unbalanced to MMCX terminations, as well as two types of tips with a wide array of sizes, to ensure the fit is good for almost everyone. To say that this unboxing experience doesn't heightens the experience of getting this pair would be an understatement. The mids are where the Sony IER-Z1R shines with a rare radiance in in-ear headphones. Vocals are presented with a lush, vibrant quality that feels almost tangible. Whether it's the delicate voice of a solo artist or the intricate play of instruments, the mids are a revelation. Taking the Sony house sound to a more mature and maybe advanced level; because everything is clearer; it’s that detailed 3D no stopping clarity! A more physical and carved-out bass than with the full-size Z1R yet focused like the Z7. The IEM here actually becomes of more finesse yet touchable as well as comprehensible! Here we are met with a more in-your-head soundstage, being a more concentrated and mind-bending elixir. OK, well the title is slightly misleading. This is really a collection of thoughts concerning the Z7, the IER-Z1R and the full-size Z1R. It’s also somewhat myopic as no other IEMs or headphones are introduced for reference. Probably this ends up most useful for someone already owning one of the three but curious about how the other two could fair in their collection. The drive is protected by a cloth mes and a beautiful fibonnaci-sequence patterned grille, it actually looks like nice flower petalals. The side of the head band has nice numbered slotted positioning to adjust the headband to your head. At the top of each cup near the edge there is bass port, so i consider there headphones semi-open (perhaps 1/4th open?).

Sony IER-Z1R Review - Major HiFi Sony IER-Z1R Review - Major HiFi

Inside the box, the headphones are securely nestled along with ear tips, cables, and a luxurious carrying case. Each accessory is placed with care, reflecting the premium nature of what lies within. I would say that the tuning is to mimic a speaker setup in a well damped rrom instead of open and airy like a live performance.

Return policy

Two issues arise in the design, but realistically, when we look at the internal design, we see it is more a form compensating for function. To get such a wonderful sound, the earphones are, as a result, a bit big and heavy. Sound is where the Sony IER-Z1R truly distinguishes itself. It's not just about hearing music; it's about experiencing it, feeling it, and being a part of it. Let's delve into the many facets that make the sound of the IER-Z1R so mesmerizing. Bass So I broke my own rule of not comparing a new headphone with other headphones until I had listened to it by itself for a few days. I compared with my Sennheiser HD800S, Focal Clear, LCD-3, and Meze 99 Classics, and all four of these sounded a lot better to me than the Z1R. I then went and grabbed my relatively inexpensive M40X and M50X, and they too sounded better to me than the Z1R. What's going on here?

Sony MDR-Z1R - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion Sony MDR-Z1R - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion

Sorry for the photo quality, I'm still using iphone 4 and my photo taking skills are quite poor T_T , but that will soon to change with the Samsung Galaxy S8 hopefully. Still the king, though given that freedom of judgment and criticism kings enjoy. While the IER-Z1R may beat it in technicality the Z1R remains it’s own unique experience by capturing nuances only a big headphone can do. Slightly less intense and upfront, it’s ends with more relaxed charm.

Specifications

The IER-Z1R is, like the A8000, an fun earphone for the person who already has everything and wants something unique and special in addition to that. If you are this person and the price is no issue, than get it! If not, wait for a good used A-Rank deal. you can easily get them 50% off, used in like new condition. Some strangeness here. These have a relaxed presentation but are a little dark and veiled. But it has a large sound stage with big bass and pretty good imaging. Hmm… The position of the Instruments, the layering, the crowd around and behind me, everything is exactly where it belongs and this is what i use the MDR-Z1R for most of the time. I have a lot of very well recorded Live BluRay and DVD and if i listen to any of them, there is no question about the choice of Headphone. The IER-Z1R's technical specifications reveal a story of technical prowess, from the hybrid driver setup to the expansive internal configuration and planning. The level of detail is a testament to Sony's commitment to delivering the best sound possible.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment