276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Luna Loves Books

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Luna and Finn end up looking at a Henry Moore sculpture of a family, a mother father and baby, Finn ends up getting upset, saying that families don’t look like that. When they reach the impressionists room, Finn tries to touch a painting but Luna tells him he’s not allowed to touch the art. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. His second book, Overheard in a Tower Block, was shortlisted for the 2018 CLPE CLiPPA Poetry Award and is longlisted for the 2019 UKLA Book Awards. My placement school has chosen this as book of the week, as they are going on a field trip to an art gallery next week.

The art in the gallery really does look like the original pieces and I love how the characters all look, and the expressions of Luna and Finn especially. Joseph Coelho is an award-winning children's author, performance poet and playwright based in London.With her mom’s help (bless those parent who volunteer for field trips), Luna and the lad become comfortable and helpful to each other. The idea that a child acts mean towards others because of problems in their family life, in this case what seems to be a broken home compared to Luna’s two parent family, does also feel like it’s stereotyping a little bit too, as this isn’t always the case, although this is a minor point for me and one I only really noticed after someone else pointed it out. It's also a story about how families are different and how family situations can impact on feelings and behaviour.

The back matter does a wonderful job of identifying specific works and artists references in thumbnail profiles.This children’s picture book is adorned with superb illustrations, especially those showcasing the artwork of other artists at the gallery. There is a wonderful page within the story too which shows a certain room in the gallery which the kids enter and not only is it beautifully illustrated but it has some extra special reflective holographic parts to the page which I wasn’t expecting at all and it makes it look more engaging and wonderful to see when reading this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment