276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fluval GravelVAC Multi Substrate Cleaner Large (60cm)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Have you ever been frustrated with the mess of your aquarium gravel? The hygger Aquarium Gravel Cleaner is a handy tool that makes cleaning your aquarium a breeze. It is a new product in the aquarium industry that has revolutionized the way people clean their aquariums. Simply place the cleaner in the tank and use it to scrub away algae, debris, and other organic material from inside your tank. Fluval's innovative addition of integrated spotlight LEDs makes cleaning darkened nooks and crannies a breeze. The clean includes two speed settings for a range of different surfaces reducing the chance of distrubing ornament postioning and plants in your tank. Gravel cleaning is a long job and needs to be done thoroughly an ergonomic easy-grip handle has been equipped to allow the user the most comfort possible. OK I know that it’s called a “gravel vacuum,” but they can be useful for lots of different types of substrate. What was interesting is that there wasn’t one clear winner here. Rather, all these gravel vacuums I tested are very good depending on what type of tank you’re running. The nozzle would be great for a bare bottom tank, or if you don’t really need to get down into the gravel much, but I don’t recommend using it if you need to really get down and dirty with the mulm in the substrate.

However, without the nozzle, the regular gravel tube was great for getting down deep and cleaning up all the shrimp poop in my tank. Also, adding the extra length takes away from my favorite part of this gravel vacuum: precise control. Based on our expertise and judgment, our staff makes it a priority to provide you with the most cost-effective options available on the market. Priming ball – no. The gravel tube is attached to a gun-like device. You pull the trigger several times and it starts the siphon for you.OK there are a lot of things that I love about this gravel vac, and there are some things that I really, really don’t. Easy start siphon bulb - The siphon powers the rest of the gravelVAC multi-substrate cleaner and is easily primed to create suction. This gravel vac is best suited to larger tanks, I’d say 30 gallons (113 liters) or larger. Aqueon makes bigger and smaller gravel vacs for other tank sizes. We hope that you selected the best gravel vacuum for you and after mastering the start-up process you can now focus on siphoning as effectively as possible. It’s important for everything to be done as fast as possible too so you won’t stress your fish and obviously to avoid wasting unnecessary time with this. I would recommend this vacuum for tanks 30 gallons and up (There are models that are larger or smaller for different tank sizes).

If you’re still unsure of how to operate it, Fluval even has a pretty good ‘silent movie’ tuition video using universal hand gestures — scroll down to see it. Verdict To find out which is the best aquarium vacuum cleaner, I bought 6 of the most popular choices and tested them out across my 5 tanks by doing my weekly water changes. And, if you’ve got a bare bottom tank, it’s super easy to just use a gravel vac to go along the bottom and get up whatever wastes have accumulated there. There are things you need to be aware of, and the kind of substrate is one of these things. Fine-grained substrate such as dirt or sand will end up being a problem for you if you’re trying to use a vacuum made for gravel only. They’re going to end up making a mess by clogging the engine of the vacuum and giving you more things to worry about and clean. Gravel guard - This prevents debris from clogging the tube extension, it is a fine mesh screen within the VAC.

But, nitrate can build and build to the point that it becomes toxic. I’ve seen firsthand the effects of nitrate toxicity in a friend’s tank, it was not pretty. All of the goods listed above are excellent choices, and you may make your final decision based on your own particular tastes. An aquarium vacuum, although not the first thing that popped to mind when getting fish, but it’s one of the aquarium cleaning tools that you’ll use the most. Teamed with an excellent choice in premium materials, the Fluval Gravel Vac Multi Substrate Cleaner promises value for money in more ways than one. Its high quality finish can be appreciated in its unique small and incredibly compact design, as well as its in-built features such as the thumb-operated flow regulator, which allows the user to adjust the speed as they clean - tailoring the cleaner to the specific needs of each aquarium.

Also included is a water flow clamp that you can slide onto your siphon hose. The farther you slide it on, the more it restricts the flow.

Cookie Policy

You can use it for water changes, sand-washing, and excrement delivery. I had the chance to review this product from Petnannystore. This company provides professional aquarium equipment that will help you with your hobby. Pros Vinyl hoses tend to pinch and kink where they lay over the side of the tank, especially as the water level in the aquarium gets lower and lower. As mentioned, there are a few types of gravel vacuum cleaners. Electric gravel vacuums rely on a submerged water pump to work, and they won’t operate properly if the pump isn’t submerged. Similar to some filters, that needs priming before use or otherwise the motor will burn out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment