276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Life in Strangeways: From Riots to Redemption, My Thirty-Two Years Behind Bars

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ad Feature From luxury skincare to must-have make-up collections - get Christmas all wrapped up with dream gifts...

Kate Winslet enjoys a rare public outing with son Joe, 19, in NYC... and he's the spitting image of his director dad Sam Mendes Meanwhile MacDonald was due to be sentenced for unconnected offences of conspiracy to commit robbery when he fled, having taken part in a series of smash and grab robberies. SARAH VINE: Where DO Harry and Meghan stand in relation to this puppet of theirs? If they don't denounce the poison in Omid Scobie's book, we can only assume they endorse it Evan Ellingson's cause of death revealed: My Sister's Keeper star died from accidental fentanyl overdose at age 35

Brendan O'Friel, governor of Strangeways at the time, was in the prison on the day before the riot started. He describes that Saturday as being "ordinary" and says nobody told him about the warnings. Neither did staff tell him that, on that day, there had been a dummy run in the chapel – where a film was showing – when Paul Taylor made an inflammatory speech.

Love Island's Sammy Root speaks out on Jess Harding split and reveals why he's not looking to get into another relationship Dave recalled the officers also cooked bacon early in the morning and would let the smell travel through the prison. I'm A Celeb's Jamie Lynn Spears breaks down as she recalls eldest daughter Maddie's near-death experience: 'I thought I'd lost her' Vera Baird QC, who represented Lord at his first Strangeways trial, described as "amazing" the news that he had remained in prison, as a category A prisoner, for 23 years after his original conviction. I'm A Celeb's Grace Dent admits her heart is broken as she thanks tearful campmates for 'holding her up' in emotional goodbye letter after leaving show

Who is Alan Lord?

In 2007, after a trial at Manchester Crown Court, Brennan was given a four-year sentence for the prison break, which he had organised by phone from inside the jail, and an indeterminate sentence 'for public protection' for the attempted murder. On Sunday morning, staff were so certain of trouble that they banned a group of segregated prisoners from attending the service, yet they made no attempt to stop the known ringleaders attending. At the inquiry, a principal officer (PO) was asked if there were plans to prevent known troublemakers going to church? He replied: "Well, you would have to have a very good case to refuse a man permission to go to church." So why was this religious freedom not granted to the segregated prisoners?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment