276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Your Pregnancy Week by week

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For those who are interested in learning how Western and Eastern medicine can be employed to increase chances of fertility, I recommend Making Babies by Dr. Jill Blakeway and Dr. Sami David,” Dr. Charles says. “And for anyone who is looking for a fertility book that uses non-clinical language, Rebecca Fett's It Starts with the Egg does just that.”

Whether you're an expectant twin mom, an LGBTQ+ parent-to-be, or experiencing pregnancy after a loss, there’s a pregnancy book out there to accompany you on your journey. There are also several types of books depending on what you're looking for, from thorough, scientific guides like Expecting Better to options that provide lighthearted relief, like Say No to Placenta Pics. Choose a book that suits you and your taste—you’ll be more likely to read it and absorb the information if you connect with the content. Your Questions, Answered What books should I read when trying to conceive? This fully updated maternity book is arranged chronologically, which means all the information for mother and baby is presented at the most appropriate time. Find out how to keep healthy during your pregnancy and support your growing baby. Discover what to expect when you're expecting - from different types of childbirth to early signs of labour to meeting your baby for the first time. The expert advice and reassurance continue after birth as you adjust to the first six weeks of life with a newborn. This book should be renamed "Pregnancy Can Kill You! Week by Week". The doctors who wrote this should not be practicing medicine. I didn't think it was possible to be more offended by a pregnancy book since I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" but this one is just incredibly awful. The worst part was, my health insurance company sent me a copy of the 7th edition of this book when I became pregnant. If this was my first pregnancy, I would now be a terrified mess. Some of the grossly inaccurate information in here included: There is] currently a plethora of pregnancy books on the market,” Dr. Charles says. “I typically recommend books that are supported by evidence-based studies and written by subject matter experts who are credentialed in the field.”Human birth has been around far, far longer than anesthesiologists and epidurals, by tens of thousands of years. And the human race was able to successfully procreate that entire time. There is still so much about labor and delivery that is a mystery to modern science (no one can say for sure what begins labor, for example). And the exact interplay of hormones that goes on is nuanced and not completely understood. If there is a certain amount of cortisol in a newborn baby it is probably supposed to be there. It most likely serves an important purpose. Being born is stressful for the baby, too, not just mom. I mean, your skull folds over itself just so you can be squeezed through a tube like toothpaste. All the latest medical advice for mums-to-be is covered, including guidance on nutrition and exercise, so you'll understand how to keep you and your baby happy and healthy throughout your pregnancy. Hot tubs and heating pads: You could cook your baby to death or fry them with low level eletromagnetic fields! BULLSHIT. Don't worry, DK has got you covered! World-renowned obstetrician, Professor Lesley Regan, introduces a one-stop pregnancy guide to explain exactly what is happening to you and your developing baby week by week and ensure you are fully-equipped from beginning to end of your joyful journey. The organization is awkward too. It's broken down into weeks, and each week talks about some random things, ranging from diet and exercise to possible genetic diseases to emotional or practical needs and all sorts of other random mumbo jumbo.

Relatively little of the content relates to the particular week in question. The book suggests readers use the index to find topics important to them.

See also

Fetal development: The 1st trimester Fetal development: The 3rd trimester Fetal presentation before birth Fetal ultrasound Heart conditions and pregnancy High blood pressure and pregnancy High-risk pregnancy Iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy: Prevention tips Overdue pregnancy Placenta Every aspect of pregnancy, birth and the first six weeks of life with a newborn is described and illustrated, week by week I’ve never read a pregnancy and childbirth book that spoke so much about contraception and abortion. I don’t really know what to make of that. Becoming pregnant is a beautiful moment in any person's life, but we understand that it can be daunting too. Pregnancy is an exciting and busy time as you plan the future of your growing family, but it may also be full of questions and worries. Changes toyour bodyand surprising symptoms can come out of nowhere. Forfirst-time parents-to-be, it’s an entirely new experience. Even experienced parents can be surprised by differences from previous pregnancies. Getting prepared for the nine months ahead is key to mental and physical health, so reading a pregnancy book (or several!) can help you learn more about your body and the changes to expect.

For my second baby, the book was a good reminder of things that happened from my first pregnancy. The information provided was educational, informative and helpful. I agree with many other reviewers that the book seems highly negative...to me it wasn't just what could go wrong, but what you, mom, shouldn't do. It feels like every chapter is just a list of don'ts. And while I agree a pregnant person probably should take illicit drugs, hearing it 4 different times in the first 6 chapters starts to get really obnoxious. Even basic stuff like don't gain too much weight over and over again is making my internal rebellious teenager start screaming.

Second, and this was what really did it for me, the author flat-out says that home-births are dangerous, and uses the position of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as support. Well, of course a bunch of OBs will tell you it's dangerous to have a baby in the comfort of your own home because it threatens their livelihood. Having babies in hospitals is the reason modern obstetrics exists. Research supports planned home births (this is just one study - http://www.bmj.com/content/330/7505/1...). OBs (who are surgeons and trained to view pregnant women as set of potential problems) in other developed countries might only see women who have an actual complication arise in her pregnancy or who might be high-risk for one. In the US, almost all women, even those who go throughout their pregnancies needing nothing more than prenatal vitamins, see these doctors whose specialty they don't need. So of course they discourage women from seeing anyone but themselves.

With this latest pregnancy, I found I referred to the book less. Several of the later chapters did not apply to me and I only referred to the book to see how big the baby was each week. Risk of gestational diabetes It states: "Gestational diabetes affects 10% of all pregnancies...if gestational diabetes occurs with one pregnancy, there's almost a 90% chance it will happen in future pregnancies." ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. Statistics are 4% of all pregnancies, and the risk of recurrence is around 30%. It also goes on to say that if you do have it, you're dooming your child to a life of obesity. Pure fear mongering.Stunning illustrations show the baby forming from the moment of conception, and key developments for every trimester The ideal gift for expectant mothers who are seeking a healthy and happy pregnancy every step of the way, and a must-have parenting book for those who seek a detailed account of labour, birth, and exploring all the options available during pregnancy care.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment