276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Comfort Intense Vaporesse Fresh Sky gives your laundry a fresh, uplifting fragrance Ironing Water for easy ironing 1 L pack of 10

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s supposed to protect the iron from limescale build-up, help give laundry a nicer scent, make ironing easier and, in some cases, prevent a build-up of static form occurring (although this doesn’t always apply to every type of ironing water).

Ironing water can be added to a lot of irons. However, it is not suitable for most steam generator irons. Nonetheless, you should always read your user handbook to make sure that this type of water won’t cause severe damage to your machine. The best irons and steam generator irons for hard water areas are those which have a full anti-calc or calc-clean system. I use fabric softener so once theres only a teensy bit left in the bottle, I fill with tap water and shake and use.Helps to protect your iron by removing limescale. Use Comfort Intense Vaporesse Fresh Sky Ironing Water in combination with a Comfort Fabric Conditioner. Features In some cases, the ironing water can get too hot which could cause damage to the internal workings of the iron. Many people use regular tap water in their irons even in hard water areas without any apparent problems. Where Can You Get Ironing Water?

The only major issue with doing this is that you’ve got to be careful if you have hard water coming out of your taps. The homemade ironing water can also be used as a fabric freshener. Although you do need to be careful as both the essential oil and the vodka are flammable. This means taking extra care to prevent spraying on or around any source of fire like candles etc. Using The Calc-Clean Function MoneySavingExpert.com is part of the MoneySuperMarket Group, but is entirely editorially independent. Its stance of putting consumers first is protected and enshrined in the legally-binding MSE Editorial Code. exexpat - I had a housemate who kept our kettle sparkling by boiling a cut lemon in it once a week - worked really well - and I guess vinegar would work the same way.However, most steam iron manufacturers now recommend not using distilled water by itself as it can cause If you have a water softener in your house then you should not use this water alone - although limescale is reduced, other materials are added which could eventually clog your iron and cause spitting and brown stains. Whatever method your iron uses, it is advisable to follow the cleaning procedure at the recommended intervals or whenever the "calc clean" light comes on. One way to mitigate this is to fill the water reservoir up with half tap water and half distilled water. You should be especially careful with "ironing water" that you can buy in the supermarket. This is perfumed water that will often say on the bottle "not suitable for steam generator irons", although we wouldn't advise using it with a normal iron either.

My Comfort ironing water is about to run out, so could anyone recommend a more natural alternative or even making my own? I'm in the process of replacing all my household products with less chemically stuff.i know its a nice to have as opposed to a need to have - so does anyone have any nice OS ideas for the same kind of thing? I work for someone who uses this ironing water and I can't believe the price. Nor do I think it is any good and it really messes your iron up. IMO. Superdrug adds new 'VIP Rewards' offers to its existing loyalty scheme – here's what you need to know UPDATED: July 2022 NEWS Water for Steam Irons and Steam Generator Irons Water, water everywhere! It is all the same isn't it? Make your own ironing water, although you do this at your own risk. For this you’ll need a clean spray bottle, some vodka, distilled water and some essential oils. See our in-depth guide on how to create your own ironing water.

Goodness, ironing water is such a con and such a waste of money. Really, you don't need it. Just use normal tap water in your iron and descale your iron regularly. This product by Comfort is also claimed to prevent limescale from building up and has a pleasant scent as well as making it easier to remove creases and wrinkles. Are There Any Alternatives To Ironing Water? I liked using this, the scent doesnt pass into or onto your ironing, but the scent released into the room was nice, and it kept limescale at bay. You can use the water that comes from your tap in your steam iron here in the UK but you need to be aware of the minerals in that water. Minerals like calcium and magnesium are found in much of the UK’s water supply.Distilled water, also known as deionised water or pure water, is water that has had all of the minerals and other impurities removed. You would assume that this would be the best type of water to use in a steam iron. If you own a steam iron you’ll know that you need to add water to the tank on the iron to generate steam. If you live in a part of the country that has hard water (which is around 60% of the UK) someone might have suggested that you should use ironing water when using your steam iron or steam mop.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment